Thoughts on this bike? (Haibike Allmtn 1 2021)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ugly. Heavy. Terrible geometry. Poor suspension, terrible tyres and basic wheels and finishing components.
Drivetrain is decent and the tektro brakes are actually fairly decent too.
Personally I'd rather ride a cheap electric scooter

Don't ask. You don't get!

And you did ask.

Last edited:

Keeprubbersidedown

Oct 8, 2021
Sweden
Ugly. Heavy. Terrible geometry. Poor suspension, terrible tyres and basic wheels a d finish g components.
Drivetrain is decent and the tektro brakes are actually fairly decent too.
Personally I'd rather ride a cheap electric scooter
Thanks!
I suspected about the suspension, but what is it about the geometry that makes it terrible?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It's not absolutely terrible. Just a bit short. bit steep and a bit high (for a modern Long travel mullet).. chainstays are a little on the long side too for a 27.5rear wheel but you might like that for added traction if climbing is your thing.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you can stretch to it I'd look at bikes at around a grand more for slightly wider choice of bikes with more appropriate geo and spec for that amount of travel.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Not trying to piss on your chips. It's just that many bikes around the 4-5k price point will ride a lot better.
But you didn't actually say what sort of riding you like to do.

Keeprubbersidedown

Oct 8, 2021
Sweden
Not trying to piss on your chips. It's just that many bikes around the 4-5k price point will ride a lot better.
But you didn't actually say what sort of riding you like to do.
No worries mate I'm actually glad you told me that before I bought the bike.
Where I live we have a lot of rock gardens and roots, some really gnarly stuff that takes some long climbs to reach. But during summer we ride a lot of bike parks with more flowy trails, so it's a bit of everything really, but the bike needs to survive some abuse downhill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles