The Womens EMTB Thread - come on in ladies!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So I’ve ended up with a Focus Thron2 6.9 lovely bike and I’m thrilled with it.

My LBS was happy to swap out the wheelset for 27.5 which I’m happy i did. Bike is just that bit more manageable and it’s now 4cm lower. With the type of riding i do, the lower height won’t be an issue.

Focus seem to be a minority when it comes to happily allowing a change in wheelset. All the other brands I asked about this all said no!

before
View attachment 42700

After - unfortunately I lost my tan sidewall tyres. But will upgrade them later on.
View attachment 42701
It might be just the photo but the pedal looks very low to the ground...and that is without any suspension compression.

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
Hello ladies, wonderful to have just something specific for us lovely lot.
Bit about me...
I'm from England, West Midlands, 56 yrs old, 5ft 5 inches tall with a 30 in inside leg. I fit well onto my 2018 Canyon Spectral-On size small and a 17 inch Voodoo Bizango E hard tail. Hubby nagged me for years to get a bike, finally gave in in 2015, but less keen on an analog bike, plus totally unfit. Bought a Haibike allmtn sduro as my first ride, in 2016, but soon found out wasn't the best. Wished I done this years ago instead of riding horses and teaching people to ride them. I'll get some pictures up in a bit.
Rob needs to put this up as a thread of it's own.
My everyday ride and commute, just kitted out for the winter...It's a mans bike really as the stand height is a little out, but it's a good bike for the price form Halfords. Got it in April, just before the rush, had to add a bit of bling all from reverse components the pedals fit my side 5 feet, 29 in wheels with Maxxis ardent's that came with the bike, but now tubeless and added a dropper post, nukeproof ard insert in the rear tyre, shimano E7000 motor and 504 wt battery.
IMG_20201022_101744.jpg

Last edited:

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
This is my 2018 Canyon Spectral-On ( yes I'm lucky on having 2 bikes, but I do use the Voodoo for commuting to work and general riding about).
Mostly standard, except the pink bling, nukeprood ard insert in the rear and a crank brothers dropper/lever. Lovely bike to ride fun and responsive. Gives me much confidence bearing in mind I'm not the most brave. The Maxxis are off now and I have Michelin Wild's on it at the moment.
IMG_20200512_133910.jpg

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
@pegasus hello there! Must say I think i found you on here a month or so back when i was still shopping for a emtb.

Love your bikes, they both look awesome! Unfortunately in Australia we can't get any of Canyons EMTB options... shame!

pegasus

Feb 23, 2019
Shropshire
That's such a shame as I find the canyon a great fit, I'd say perfect.
The voodoo is a little larger, but I quite like a long reach. Went for it for a couple of reasons, bu mainly I've now got 3 batteries for both bikes.
Hubby's got a Spectral-On, but his is a yellow and black, plus slightly higher specked and he's kept his 2016 Haibike. As he took mine apart he now has spares of everything including a motor and battery.
Haibike-sDuro-AllMtn-RC-2016-eBike.jpg

I am very lucky and know that. I think I treat my bikes better than my grown up kids :whistle::giggle: . It's changed my whole world E-MTB's.

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
That's such a shame as I find the canyon a great fit, I'd say perfect.
The voodoo is a little larger, but I quite like a long reach. Went for it for a couple of reasons, bu mainly I've now got 3 batteries for both bikes.
Hubby's got a Spectral-On, but his is a yellow and black, plus slightly higher specked and he's kept his 2016 Haibike. As he took mine apart he now has spares of everything including a motor and battery.
View attachment 42781

I am very lucky and know that. I think I treat my bikes better than my grown up kids :whistle::giggle: . It's changed my whole world E-MTB's.

Ha thats awesome and I'm sure grown kids are doing ok!

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
@pegasus from what I know of your weather you guys wouldn’t ride much if you only ride in great weather!

Photos look gorgeous such beautiful countryside!

thanks for sharing.

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi, I'm Tracy from Canberra, Australia. I bought my Merida e160 8000 earlier this year as a way of getting in more downhill runs (climbing didn't seem to be getting any easier). I'm 160cm tall and ended up with the XS after finding the seat post on the S too high. The reach is a bit short; I'm trying to source a longer stem but everything seems to be out of stock! I'm competing in my first enduro event this Sunday :)

View attachment 41665

Hi Tracy how did your enduro event go?

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
Hi! I'm from the Vancouver area in Canada. Got liv Intrigue that was faulty, so now have the base model Levo. I wish I had some local e-bike buddies. I ride a lot with girls without ebikes too, but I love being able to put in more laps and not take breaks on the crazy climbs we have around bere. Any other West Coas Canadians here?

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
Hi! I'm from the Vancouver area in Canada. Got liv Intrigue that was faulty, so now have the base model Levo. I wish I had some local e-bike buddies. I ride a lot with girls without ebikes too, but I love being able to put in more laps and not take breaks on the crazy climbs we have around bere. Any other West Coas Canadians here?

Welcome Smeer.... cant help you location wise, I'm a very long way away down in Melbourne Australia!

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
Took the new stead for a ride today.
Love the extra squish. Yamaha motor way different to the Levo Brose. After putting it in full power for a hill climb. I forgot when I went to get back on. I applied slight pressure on pedals as I climb on and nearly threw myself off it, even the slightest weight on pedals the motor engages The levo feels more natural. So will remember to back off power levels in future.

The Levo Hardtail really is an awesome bike. My partner was most happy on it today! Damn you Specialized - make a smaller Levo please!

The Liv - might be a small frame but still a big bike. I’ll keep an open mind for now. But will check out the new Powerfly FS 4 when it hits the stores next month.
The saddle is at max height for me in this photo.
View attachment 40694
you and my wife agree. She loves my levo but she is only 5 foot tall and cannot standover a levo comfortably, which means trouble starting and stopping, so she also ended up with the exact same Liv as you. She loves the bike but hates that she cannot turn the assist down to where she wants like on my Levo. With the Liv, in Eco the lowest it will go is like 50%. She is claiming that Specialized and most other bike makers are "Heightests" in other words they discriminate against short people......

Jilleride45

Nov 2, 2018
USA
you and my wife agree. She loves my levo but she is only 5 foot tall and cannot standover a levo comfortably, which means trouble starting and stopping, so she also ended up with the exact same Liv as you. She loves the bike but hates that she cannot turn the assist down to where she wants like on my Levo. With the Liv, in Eco the lowest it will go is like 50%. She is claiming that Specialized and most other bike makers are "Heightests" in other words they discriminate against short people......

Specialized makes the Levo SL in an XS. You can also put 27.5 x 2.8 tires on the Levo and significantly lower it.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
I know the SL comes in a XS, but the stand over is higher than the standover of the normal Levo, and like 1.5 inches higher than the Liv embolden E+, Trust me I did my research on as many bikes as I could to get her the best fit possible. She even tried to stand over a SL and it was way way taller than her Liv

sparked

Jun 6, 2020
Melbourne
I know the SL comes in a XS, but the stand over is higher than the standover of the normal Levo, and like 1.5 inches higher than the Liv embolden E+, Trust me I did my research on as many bikes as I could to get her the best fit possible. She even tried to stand over a SL and it was way way taller than her Liv

and any bikes with a lowstand over height usually have such a short top tube with a steep rise that you need to be as narrow as aplank of wood to stand over them. As the seat will be firmly pressed into my back.

took me awhile to realize that if I can sit comfortably with dropper low, then I can ride the bike just fine.

Jilleride45

Nov 2, 2018
USA
and any bikes with a lowstand over height usually have such a short top tube with a steep rise that you need to be as narrow as aplank of wood to stand over them. As the seat will be firmly pressed into my back.

took me awhile to realize that if I can sit comfortably with dropper low, then I can ride the bike just fine.

I think this is the only reason my husband has a 150 dropper, so he can do the lazy two foot stop. I have a 90 dropper on my gravel bike for this reason, I hate those cleats on rocks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles