Levo SL Gen 1 The Reason for delay in 2023 Levo SL...(and various other discussions on lightweight bikes......)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
But how do you whisper ‘I did this in the most expensive way possible’ to your riding buddies, if your frame doesn’t say ‘sworks’?
Nothing says you are a poser more than a A French Connection UK T shirt which can say that and more for 1/500 of the cost. 😎

T shirt.jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
But how do you whisper ‘I did this in the most expensive way possible’ to your riding buddies, if your frame doesn’t say ‘sworks’?
Presumably everyone will be aware of your budgetary superiority because, like vegans and cross-fitters, you just won't f**king shut up about it!

Moderator note: Please be aware of your language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
The current model is available as a frameset, but it's a bit more than you're hoping for. I see no reason why the new model would be cheaper.

No doubt that Spesh is going to try and rip our heads off on the new frame-set, and hey, that's capitalism.

On the other hand though the market is much more competitive now and the previous gen SL's really didn't sell all that well from what I can see.

The base Siryon completes here in the USA were ordered and prices agreed upon before the US dollar got like 20% stronger and currently costs $9.7K. Furthermore Forestal has a Performance model being released which ditches the lame computer that is to be both lighter and cheaper. I'm very curious how much the next batch will cost here in the USA.

Pretty much every other mid power e-bike already has a more desirable motor/ battery than the current SL's.

Point is that competition is going to hopefully push pricing down very soon as the e-bikes are not outliers any longer, but quickly becoming mainstream products.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
Point is that competition is going to hopefully push pricing down very soon as the e-bikes are not outliers any longer, but quickly becoming mainstream products.

I would not count on that.. rather the opposite. Normal bikes are catching up in prices. Have a look at latest Mondrakers that came out this week, absolutely hilarious pricing.

4000 Euro for alum bike with RockShox 35 fork (cheapest generic they have) and Sram SX.

I just posted discounted Carbon SL with Rhytm 34 and NX above :- ).

High prices are here to stay, for everything. Bikes, e-bikes, GPUs, CPUs, new cars, used cars.

Harold

Oct 30, 2020
Brussels
Pretty much every other mid power e-bike already has a more desirable motor/ battery than the current SL's.
Sorry mate but both Trek's TQ and Fazua Ride 60 are way too fresh to determine how superior they are to SL1.1 motor. They have some advantages for sure on paper at least. But it is still too early to discard the Spe/Mahle motor especially if you did not ride them 3 extensively...

For the rest of the lightweight motors (old Fazua 50, EP8 RS and BH2 EXMAGII) I can say from experience Spe SL1.1 is both more reliable and more pleasant as an overall user experience.
Advertised torque figures don't tell the whole story.

4500 Euro for the current-gen Levo SL Carbon comp. Still plenty of them around, very discounted. Almost no discounts for big-brother.
This German website is well known for crushing the prices on ebikes, not specific to the SL. Service is not top tier to say the least, but this is a different story...
On this webiste Orbea Rise M20 2022 models' prices are up to 20% off and full fat Turbo levo Sworks is 30% off... So providing just the link to the SL model is a bit biased I'm afraid.

Looks like "bashing" Levo SLs is becoming a real trend these days. Of course, newest and coolest models are better, the next to be released will be even better and so on...
Enjoy your bikes whatever they are and stop worrying/comparting too much!

Last edited:

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
@Harold agree, don’t write off the Mahle motor just because on paper it’s quoted torque is 35Nm. Already there are quite a few reports about noise issues with the TQ and the Fazua Ride 60 is relatively untested. My feeling is that we won’t see many of these new Fazua motored bikes in the shops anytime soon, due to the World economic situation. So my advice is if you already have an SL, go ride and enjoy because it will be sometime before we see anything new.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
@Harold agree, don’t write off the Mahle motor just because on paper it’s quoted torque is 35Nm. Already there are quite a few reports about noise issues with the TQ and the Fazua Ride 60 is relatively untested. My feeling is that we won’t see many of these new Fazua motored bikes in the shops anytime soon, due to the World economic situation. So my advice is if you already have an SL, go ride and enjoy because it will be sometime before we see anything new.
TQ is a cycloid drive which have been around for a long time, just not in bicycles. They are used in robotics to get a lot of gear reduction in a small package but robots don't care about noise. ;) I will keep my SL at least until the latest innovations become the well-tested and proven old stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles