The new bosch purion 200

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Has anyone ordered the new bosch purion 200 controller yet ? I think it looks good can get rid of the big screen now just wondering what people's thoughts are

Screenshot_20230926_204624_Google.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I'm planning to order it once it's available, hopefully from next week, but it has to be coded to the bike by a Bosch dealer.

Last edited:

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Just had mine fitted today. It’s a little chunkier than the led controller and doesn’t have any adjustability for mounting. Seems to do everything the led controller/kiox combo does other than navigation.

The motor ID has to be transferred to the purion. At this point the controllers can be swapped out and the bike will work. But only one controller can be registered to the flow app at one time. You have to reset and remove the bike from the app and reconnect with new controller. Kiox 300 can be linked in and out whenever you want.

IMG_1325.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg IMG_1327.jpeg

Last edited:

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Mine just turned up yesterday as well. I haven't fitted it yet but I'm disappointed about the lack of adjustability in the mount. I use solely my middle finger for braking (a habit I've never been able to lose) so my brake mount is located quite close to the grip, ~10mm. Sadly the Purion200 won't fit in this gap, meaning I either have to move the brake mount further inward (and make some new indentations on my carbon bars) or mount the Purion inboard of the brake mount, probably making it too far from the grip to reach comforatably.

Seems like a pretty a pretty pointless physical change to lose the lateral adjustment that the LED controller already had...

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No need for a dealer fit...its plug and play other than the fact you have to re- pair with the flow app which is simple enough. Delete the previous pairing on your phone then run flow, use you existing Bosch account on flow then go through the pairing process as per the original LED Remote.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
No need for a dealer fit...its plug and play other than the fact you have to re- pair with the flow app which is simple enough. Delete the previous pairing on your phone then run flow, use you existing Bosch account on flow then go through the pairing process as per the original LED Remote.

That's outstanding news, as I was dreading a trip to the dealer. I did try pairing already actually - phone successfully paired with the new module but Flow wouldn't recognise it. I didn't try deleting the pair of the old LED remote though, I'll give that a go.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I changed a LED Remote once. I think what I did was delete the flow app and then reload it. Delete the blutooth pairing on the phone. Then run the Flow app using you existing Bosch account details and do the pairing process. Not sure if all of that is necessary but it worked!

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
I changed a LED Remote once. I think what I did was delete the flow app and then reload it. Delete the blutooth pairing on the phone. Then run the Flow app using you existing Bosch account details and do the pairing process. Not sure if all of that is necessary but it worked!

Yep, confirming that worked a treat - thanks very much. All paired up and working now. I'm guessing the requirement from Bosch that states you have to take it to a dealer is simply 1) so they avoid having to troubleshoot people's smartphones/apps, and 2) to get customers in the store to maybe purchase the latest and greatest gear.

jalex

Oct 30, 2023
Spain
Yep, confirming that worked a treat - thanks very much. All paired up and working now. I'm guessing the requirement from Bosch that states you have to take it to a dealer is simply 1) so they avoid having to troubleshoot people's smartphones/apps, and 2) to get customers in the store to maybe purchase the latest and greatest gear.
Are you using it alone or together with the Kiox 300? Thx!

Philippe M

Feb 26, 2023
California
Question on the Purion 200.. can the mount be narrowed to fit in the xt brake gap? Either by filing or milling the width so it will fit in the brake gap.
Thanks

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
Question on the Purion 200.. can the mount be narrowed to fit in the xt brake gap? Either by filing or milling the width so it will fit in the brake gap.
Thanks
If you mean the gap between the clamp and the little brace, it does fit as shown in my picture above. Pretty sure it’s designed to sit right next to the clamp with the little dip it has in the back of it. You cant really sit it anywhere else. It is a faff to get it on though. You have to fit the brake and controller simultaneously. I’ve also got a matchmaker for dropper lever which makes things easier.

IMG_1981.jpeg IMG_1982.jpeg IMG_1983.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles