Thats the Speshy gone

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Naw, that was da-aum ........ That is in a Southern American drawl - Texas to be exact.

Dunno - my last Scott ticked all my boxes really - except range.

Not sure how the Bosch with the 625Wh will go, but expect it will give me the 5-10 km more than the 504Wh I require. The only new Bosch I have rode was a cheapie with crap components (kinda like my Levo almost) and was around a parking lot but the motor felt OK and i did not find it offensively loud at the pace I was going.

Anyhoo - told my dealer that if anyone comes in and wants it to sell it to them. Going to be 3-4 weeks before my op and I am told another 3-4 before I can get on a bike again so if I have to borrow a regular MTB for a few months and get a 2021 model I am not too fussed.
Actually, will be pissed because that eGenius Tuned looks kinda sexy.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Here's a bosch gen4 cannondale kicking ass .. guessing 625 :

50.3 km Ride Activity on March 7, 2020 by Alva R. on Strava

He might not be a plus sized model like yourself ..

I still can't believe you got all grumpy about some kids bike on the floor, tried to stamp on it, missed and fell over .. :p:unsure: Or is the truth more sinister, you fell over in the toilet when the bag of pasta you were using instead of toilet paper split open leaving deadly little rolling things all over the floor ??

Hope the op goes well. Sounds painful and frustrating .

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Why did you sell?
In an unguarded moment I was suckered into buying it and regretted it after the first couple rides.

I didn't really like the handling of it as the style of suspension on the Levo causes the rear end to kick when hitting bumps under hard braking, but that is probably me just being overly fussy. I also don't particularly like Rockshox suspension components. Yes, they probably can be tuned much better for my weight and style but usually with Fox I can play with air pressure & clickers and be pretty much close to how I like it. I abhor Sram brakes - way powerful but have little feel due to the dual pressure system and squeal at the thought of moisture. I really REALLY hate brake squeal.
IMHO, the Shimano motor feels way more natural in the way it works. When it comes to trails I ride and the way I pedal the Shimano was a much more pleasurable fit. Also, the Brose was like molasses when at the 32kph cut-off where although the Shimao tapered off earlier I could pedal through 32k when needed.
To be fair, pretty much the only reason I bought it was that I could fit the 700Wh battery as I was having range issues with my Scott and the 504Wh was all that was available for the Shimano. In that respect it most certainly did give me the extra range I wanted to complete my favourite loop.

Overall I think the Levo is poor value for money and the Brose motor appears to be a problematic system. I think my drive belt failure was due to my weight (110kg) and the type of trails I ride. I think that probably for a lighter rider that does not do lots of climbing and is not an overly aggressive rider that the Brose would handle things better.

Now Scott has the Bosch motor with the 625Wh battery can get the range I want on a bike that has the type of components I expect on a $9K bike like the Levo for $1K less.
I am however going to go up to the 900 Tuned which is a bit more, but still $3K less than an equivalent Speshy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles