Swapping out the shimano e8000 display

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
My og display keeps steaming up , obviously got some water in it , I’ve ordered a new one and it’s arrived without instructions.
Is it just a case of power off ,unplug and replace or is there a more complicated process .
thanks in advance

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Yep.

You'll need to repair with your phone. Unplug by the plug. Don't pull too hard on the cable. Needle nosed pliers make it easy.

Gordon

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I think he means re pair :ROFLMAO:
to remove the connectors pull on the connectors not the cables. You should have gotten the plastic cable tool with your bike but if not you don't need any tools just make sure you have a good grip on the connector. pushing them in to the new unit til you feel them click in place.

Your old unit if less than 2 years old is under warranty. Ideally make a claim through original point of sale. But if you're in the UK any Shimano service centre (any bike shop with a Madison account) can sort out a warranty claim for you so long as you have a reciept.

Be patient though

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Yep.

You'll need to repair with your phone. Unplug by the plug. Don't pull too hard on the cable. Needle nosed pliers make it easy.

Gordon
Am I to re pair with phone after the swap or pair with phone prior to swap ?
sounds dumb I know ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Go ahead an re pair your phone with a display unit you're about to remove from your bike if you want.
I think you'll realise quick enough after fitting the new display what you should have done. ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles