• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
battery cycles is always 0 :unsure:
Yes, for some combination of DU/SC firmwares it's not stored in a memory.
If you think that it's not correct - try to use E-tube on Windows, it can make bike report - and you'll see

b4rt

May 15, 2019
CH
total distance is also not the same as on the display:unsure:
app: 63km
display: 128km

edit: sometimes it shows the right total distance

Last edited:

Trail Doug

Nov 22, 2018
Wrexham
I have 4.6.1 and can easily swap between UK and US regions Albez. There are reset to default buttons on pretty much everything however whilst I can't access the speed limit adjust screen due to my firmware revision I suspect that they would be present there as well. Can anyone on the older firmware confirm this?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New feature in the latest release - presets. You can save your current bike's settings as presets and use them for quick access. Some default presets are available in the App: Anti-thief, Power Save, Max Power and etc. (thanks to @valium64 for idea and help).

Last edited:

Carver

May 29, 2019
Russia
Many thanks for the quick response, responsiveness and patience. I will write the result after the test drive.

johnnyartois

Mar 20, 2019
Uk
I haven't received a reply to my request for a licence through the app. Understandable I guess as the 1st June date for the free offer has nearly expired to forum members. I'm happy to pay for this if it works as is should, just to unlock to U.S. settings. Will keep watching this thread. Couple of questions please: 1. How much is the full licence? 2. I have a Merida 160 900e which has Di2, is this a complication in using this software?

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hello everyone, I made a further downgrade to firmware 4.3.2, with pc and pce-1 interface and without any problem, I only had the foresight, before following step by step, the suggested procedure on the site stepunlocker, to uninstall and reinstall E-tube and then insert the downgrade patch, disconnect the pc from the network and then connect the bike.

Ted3

May 31, 2019
FI
Any chance for one free android license?

Will test it on my brother's emtb (E8000 motor & E7000 display), and will buy second license for my own EMTB (arriving next week) if it works!

Thank you!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
I haven't received a reply to my request for a licence through the app. Understandable I guess as the 1st June date for the free offer has nearly expired to forum members. I'm happy to pay for this if it works as is should, just to unlock to U.S. settings. Will keep watching this thread. Couple of questions please: 1. How much is the full licence? 2. I have a Merida 160 900e which has Di2, is this a complication in using this software?
I don't have any unanswered request in my email box. Are you sure that you sent any request?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Any chance for one free android license?

Will test it on my brother's emtb (E8000 motor & E7000 display), and will buy second license for my own EMTB (arriving next week) if it works!

Thank you!
App works fine on this config (I own the same config on my bike).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles