• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

STUnlocker (ex Shimano STEPS Unlocker) Android & Windows App for derestriction/market change and etc

Mikimiau

Jan 7, 2020
Barcelona
Hi
A couple of days ago I installed the stunlocker ios application
I have closed open stunlocker application and also e_tube, I think I've tried everything?
When I connect it to the bike via Bluetooth it reaches 2-67 and from there it gets out of sync and there is no way to link.
I have the bike updated with the latest version of shimano the mobile phone is an iphone 8
Does someone with ios connect the latest version? with Android with the latest version of shimano connects seamlessly with the huawei tablet

Thank you

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi
A couple of days ago I installed the stunlocker ios application
I have closed open stunlocker application and also e_tube, I think I've tried everything?
When I connect it to the bike via Bluetooth it reaches 2-67 and from there it gets out of sync and there is no way to link.
I have the bike updated with the latest version of shimano the mobile phone is an iphone 8
Does someone with ios connect the latest version? with Android with the latest version of shimano connects seamlessly with the huawei tablet

Thank you
Your bike has non-default PIN code. It was changed by you via ETube App. If you know PIN code - enter it to STUnlocker App's settings. If you forgot it - contact Shimano dealers or someone who has Shimano PCE interface

Mikimiau

Jan 7, 2020
Barcelona
Your bike has non-default PIN code. It was changed by you via ETube App. If you know PIN code - enter it to STUnlocker App's settings. If you forgot it - contact Shimano dealers or someone who has Shimano PCE interface
Hi vadll, I have entered the pin correctly and with the iPhone 8 it does not enter with the Huawey tablet it enters perfectly

Mikimiau

Jan 7, 2020
Barcelona
BCF47730-8E66-4E2F-A4B1-0786D8CAEFFD.png

this is what appears on the screen

Mikimiau

Jan 7, 2020
Barcelona
hello I entered the code changed but I had the box checked the default number so it did not work thank you very much vadll now works!

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
So how accurate is this software at reading the region for the bike? My bike info is attached and shows the market as EU. Does that mean my US bike is set to EU restriction? According to GPS, I'm getting power cutoff on my 2020 YT Decoy at right around 15 mph.

Blurred Screenshot.jpeg

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Set to EU
Should be US
YT contacted me today and had me fill out a warranty claim. I'm hoping tomorrow, they will give me a form so I can take it in to a local shop and get it set to US and have my rear tire circumference set to make my speedo more accurate, it is currently off by almost 30%.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
It looks like you talking about first STEPS Unlocker versions and even didn't read posts above. These features have been added. Just use the latests versions

Hi Vadll, i continue to test this program now and then and i haven't had any issues which is fantastic. Some feedback - the windows download link on your website shows the wrong version number, confusing when i updated to latest firmware and the app stopped working. Downloaded and installed the new version to see there is a later version available.

Can you pleaaseeeee add a feature to adjust the light? I have recently fitted a light to my bike via the on-board terminals and activated through etube. Unfortunately my bike pulled up short yesterday on a ride when i would usually have a good 10km in reserve. Battery was showing 2 bars, display was flashing 1 red bar. Let it sit for 5 and after i switched it back on i could make the final 4km home!

I've done some troubleshooting this morning. Battery is sitting on 15% currently after a little riding around the neighborhood . If i enable the light in etube the last bar flashes red and it refuses to allow any assistance. If i disable the light in etube the display stops flashing and i can turn the assistance back on. I have updated to latest firmware and still exactly the same issue. On all firmware the "remaining light capacity" is greyed out and fixed to 180mins in etube and cannot be adjusted. I don't want 3hrs of headlight reserve on a bike i cannot ride, i would rather just get to where i want to go without the battery range reduced by 20%!

Can you please add a feature to adjust or disable the "remaining light capacity"? As it stands i will switch the light off in etube to preserve my battery range which is disappointing to have to do!

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Windows version no longer supported. Use Android/iOS versions
As mentioned i have updated to the latest software version via your website. Do you mean i need to download the Android version instead??

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Does the same license work with the phone app?
No. Licence for Windows will not work with Android/iOS. But, those features (light/gearing/assist settings) don't require the Premium licence

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Did anyone stuck on continuous error e010 wile finish to downgrade an DU-E8000 from any newer firmware to 4.3.2?
I'm trying to downgrade the bike of a frien from 4.7.1 to 4.3.2 but every time I finish the downgrade I get this error, what is strange is that I did my bike and other's withouth problem, with this of one friend no way, even upgrading and downgrading with a direct connection.
While I run diagnostic test the cadencse test is allways the cause of the error, then if I upgrade no error and thest finish correctly.
Any idea?

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Problem solved, I have to download from eMax the last version of downgrade file, upgrade to 4.5.1 then start the downgrade and interrupt like when a bluetooth downgrade fail, then re flash the 4.3.2 another time.
Very dangerous but it works... fortunally because else my life will be on a seriously risk!

SEBA

Sep 11, 2019
French Provence High Alps
Hi Vadll, i continue to test this program now and then and i haven't had any issues which is fantastic. Some feedback - the windows download link on your website shows the wrong version number, confusing when i updated to latest firmware and the app stopped working. Downloaded and installed the new version to see there is a later version available.

Can you pleaaseeeee add a feature to adjust the light? I have recently fitted a light to my bike via the on-board terminals and activated through etube. Unfortunately my bike pulled up short yesterday on a ride when i would usually have a good 10km in reserve. Battery was showing 2 bars, display was flashing 1 red bar. Let it sit for 5 and after i switched it back on i could make the final 4km home!

I've done some troubleshooting this morning. Battery is sitting on 15% currently after a little riding around the neighborhood . If i enable the light in etube the last bar flashes red and it refuses to allow any assistance. If i disable the light in etube the display stops flashing and i can turn the assistance back on. I have updated to latest firmware and still exactly the same issue. On all firmware the "remaining light capacity" is greyed out and fixed to 180mins in etube and cannot be adjusted. I don't want 3hrs of headlight reserve on a bike i cannot ride, i would rather just get to where i want to go without the battery range reduced by 20%!

Can you please add a feature to adjust or disable the "remaining light capacity"? As it stands i will switch the light off in etube to preserve my battery range which is disappointing to have to do!
Fix it with no lights ?

azazel

Dec 24, 2019
Australia
Hi guys, I have the full licence version for DU-E6100.
I've changed to US, the extra speed is handy.
Can anyone tell me the best way to increase assist? Still a bit piss weak going up hills (on road).
As it currently is, I need to put in a lot of effort for the motor to give more assist.
I would like it to use more motor, with me using less effort.
Page 9 in the manual mentions 'Assist', 'Torque', and 'Power'.
The 'Torque' slider makes sense, slides to max torque.
But 'Assist' has '300%' as the highest example in the screenshot. What is the actual maximum available which won't cause any damage?
Each example for 'Power' has '500W', but it looks like the slider could go further, is it possible to increase this without causing damage?
And just to confirm 'Speed Derestriction' is not available for mine (manual says only for DU-E8000)?

Thanks in advance.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
I've changed to US, the extra speed is handy.
Can anyone tell me the best way to increase assist? Still a bit piss weak going up hills (on road).
As it currently is, I need to put in a lot of effort for the motor to give more assist.
I would like it to use more motor, with me using less effort.
Page 9 in the manual mentions 'Assist', 'Torque', and 'Power'.
The 'Torque' slider makes sense, slides to max torque.
But 'Assist' has '300%' as the highest example in the screenshot. What is the actual maximum available which won't cause any damage?
Each example for 'Power' has '500W', but it looks like the slider could go further, is it possible to increase this without causing damage?
And just to confirm 'Speed Derestriction' is not available for mine (manual says only for DU-E8000)?

Thanks in advance.
Post up a screenshot of your current settings, E6100 is a little uncommon around here.
What mode do you ride in?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Each motor has own restriction by maximum torque/power/assist level. Moreover different FWs have different restrictions. You can't set values from E8000 to E6100. App knows common restrictions for all motors/FWs and doesn't offer to you impossible values!

Last edited:

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
The e6100 is rated at 60NM though i am unsure the maximum assist percentage available. 200% sounds a little low and could be a glitch withthe app?

I would bump boost and trail up to 60nm so you have full power/torque available. Set boost to maximum assist percentage and probably leave trail assist percentage about where it is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles