Levo Gen 3 STOLEN S-WORKS 2022 GEN3 L

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
Sorry to hear about your bike loss. I hate bike thieves with a passion and have been setting GPS bait bikes in my city since 2018. Hoping to grow the channel and secure funding to do the same with ebikes and go after the angle grinders. You may find the following satisfying. I know the videos are poor quality but I will be working with a person who can film and edit next time! Got a busy Court schedule this year!

[/QUOTE]

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
It seems to me that most high value bikes that are stolen never get found which means they are either broken up to sell as parts or quickly sent overseas.
A thief must know in advance how to quickly dispose of a bike for cash and whatever that agency is either has the skill and knowledge to strip a bike and be able to accurately describe components for sale or has quick access to shipping containers. The former set up seems unlikely.
So my question is why is there no police intelligence about this.
I suggested to the OP that it may be worth hiring a private investigator but maybe that cost just adds to the loss for him. So is it time a central organisation in the EMTB community organised a private investigation into high end bike theft....maybe funded by a membership subscription or Go Fund Me campaign?

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
It seems to me that most high value bikes that are stolen never get found which means they are either broken up to sell as parts or quickly sent overseas.
A thief must know in advance how to quickly dispose of a bike for cash and whatever that agency is either has the skill and knowledge to strip a bike and be able to accurately describe components for sale or has quick access to shipping containers. The former set up seems unlikely.
So my question is why is there no police intelligence about this.
I suggested to the OP that it may be worth hiring a private investigator but maybe that cost just adds to the loss for him. So is it time a central organisation in the EMTB community organised a private investigation into high end bike theft....maybe funded by a membership subscription or Go Fund Me campaign?
I started a go fund me and put it out there. People are just not interested enough. I have spent over £3000 of my own money on bait bikes since 2018. I have the skills and know how to catch them but can't do it with 2-3k ebikes....yet!

Webby1805

Feb 9, 2019
Stonehaven
Sorry to hear about your bike loss. I hate bike thieves with a passion and have been setting GPS bait bikes in my city since 2018. Hoping to grow the channel and secure funding to do the same with ebikes and go after the angle grinders. You may find the following satisfying. I know the videos are poor quality but I will be working with a person who can film and edit next time! Got a busy Court schedule this year!

[/QUOTE]
Can i ask what type of GPS tracker did you use for those? I had my last levo stolen,fitted a couple of air tags and have a crowd sourced one hopefully coming near the end of the year.
cheers.

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
Can i ask what type of GPS tracker did you use for those? I had my last levo stolen,fitted a couple of air tags and have a crowd sourced one hopefully coming near the end of the year.
cheers.
I use the vodaphone gps trackers (Its on the video subscribe to help me out!!!!). I used to stick them in the seat but now modify them to fit In frames and other places. How did you succeed in the crowd funding? I tried to crowdfund my bait bikes and have put myself at great personal risk to secure convictions but not a penny, always failed. I am pleased for you though. Also, I have mugging/theft cover on my home insurance. Worth getting. Pleased you are getting back on a bike soon though!

images (3).jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
cheers.
If you are looking for a good gps tracker pm me and I will tell you what I use and how to hide it.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk

[/QUOTE]
Fair play mate, a lot more balls than most of us have, I don't think anyone needed convincing of the police incompetence and lack of interest with regards these crimes, most will lead them to the dregs of society, they would much rather hang around the nice parts of town or piss about in cars acting the big I am.

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Fair play mate, a lot more balls than most of us have, I don't think anyone needed convincing of the police incompetence and lack of interest with regards these crimes, most will lead them to the dregs of society, they would much rather hang around the nice parts of town or piss about in cars acting the big I am.

I can't speak for all cops/forces but ours is absolutely on its arse. There is no way we'd have the time to investigate all these bike/bike part thefts sorry to say.

The majority of our time is unfortunately spent dealing with mental health crisis which although being massively important, should not be left for a beat cop to spend his entire shift dealing with on a very regular basis.

I've been in the force 14 years now and it is unreal how much our role has changed for the worse. We just don't have the resources anymore. Sad state of affairs when you have such passion for the job.

On a positive note, the last bike reported stolen to me was tracked down and returned to its owner 👍🏻

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I can't speak for all cops/forces but ours is absolutely on its arse. There is no way we'd have the time to investigate all these bike/bike part thefts sorry to say.

The majority of our time is unfortunately spent dealing with mental health crisis which although being massively important, should not be left for a beat cop to spend his entire shift dealing with on a very regular basis.

I've been in the force 14 years now and it is unreal how much our role has changed for the worse. We just don't have the resources anymore. Sad state of affairs when you have such passion for the job.

On a positive note, the last bike reported stolen to me was tracked down and returned to its owner 👍🏻
I was a copper back in the 70s. It may surprise you to hear that there are significantly more coppers per capita now than there was then....so resourcing is not the issue. The issues as you intimated are focus and process. .....and certainly when I was a copper I mostly dealt with the dregs of society or those in severe distress so I would never malign a copper....most would not have the balls to do the job.
None of us are going to change the way police resource is managed so we need to find a different solution.
The guy doing " bait" bikes is laudable but catching the thieves is not the answer u ntil and unless it uncovers the network for disposal of stolen bikes. A bit like drug dealing catching the small time dealers does not solve the problem. The real catches are the importers/suppliers.

Wookie_73

Dec 6, 2020
UK, Bristol
Sorry about the theft. I feel your pain.
Had a Levo and Kenevo stolen about 6 months ago. Had given up on getting them back. But has a call from out local police force on Friday sating they had found the Levo.
Picked it up today, apart from being a totally different colour its exactly the same and doesn't look like its been butchered.
So with a bit of luck yours will return too.
The Levo was recovered using the fame number stored in the motor. I had put the bike on the Specialized stolen bike register. I see you have added your bike to this register as well.

Good luck and fingers crossed and I hope the thieving f****rs get whats coming to them.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles