New 1 finger levers
Ergon saddle

£1k reward cash for return
7952F671-92E3-421D-8AD1-97A31C4D58AD.jpeg
CE519127-9C45-4E63-886D-27FFAFBEA451.jpeg

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Lisbon, Portugal
Sorry to hear that the bike has been stolen :(. I think you can go to the Specialized Shop and report it stolen, and every time it goes to a dealer, for whatever reason, they should get a pop-up as they connect the bike to the Specialized Sofware. Also, they will not be able to do anything with the app. But I think the guys at the shop can tell you more.
Keep us posted bud! Hope you'll find it soon and undamaged <3

SimonLsie

Nov 21, 2018
Cannock chase
Hey dude, yes all done it’s on every register and reported to police. All over social media too but I hold little hope.
Thank you fir your kind message 👍

SimonLsie

Nov 21, 2018
Cannock chase
Yes I think that. The guys buying know where it’s come from too so I guess that’s the circle of thieves

Last edited:

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
Broke into Alarmed and cctv garage. Very professional made it look very easy. Although we now have there vehicle info.
Hopefully they did not steal the vehicle beforehand as this is common practice with organised crime. Fingers crossed you get some results mate 🤞🏻

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Broke into Alarmed and cctv garage. Very professional made it look very easy. Although we now have there vehicle info.

Bit scary that. My bikes are in an alarmed garage but also chained up, which would probably give me time to get there before they disappeared. Problem is though that if they were as determined as your scrotes clearly were, they would probably just whack me over the head with the crowbar they used to force the door.

I guess if you had (sorry) a really expensive bike like yours, you just have to bite the bullet and pay through the nose for insurance, which you may well have done.

SimonLsie

Nov 21, 2018
Cannock chase
Bit scary that. My bikes are in an alarmed garage but also chained up, which would probably give me time to get there before they disappeared. Problem is though that if they were as determined as your scrotes clearly were, they would probably just whack me over the head with the crowbar they used to force the door.

I guess if you had (sorry) a really expensive bike like yours, you just have to bite the bullet and pay through the nose for insurance, which you may well have done.
All correct. There were minimum 3 possible 4 well built guys. I’d rather they be in my garage than house I have received quite a number of messages from smug idiots blaming me for being robbed lol “should of kept it in your house like I do because I’m smart”

they want it they get it

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have received quite a number of messages from smug idiots blaming me for being robbed lol “should of kept it in your house like I do because I’m smart”

A lot of that will be down to jealousy through you having such a special bike in the first place. Better losing your bike than risking physical harm, or worse.

Do you think you were followed home after a bike ride as it certainly doesn't seem like a random break in? I have a mate who transports his Rise on his car's towing hitch and he drove round in circles after a ride a few weeks ago as he was convinced he was being followed by a white van.

SimonLsie

Nov 21, 2018
Cannock chase
A lot of that will be down to jealousy through you having such a special bike in the first place. Better losing your bike than risking physical harm, or worse.

Do you think you were followed home after a bike ride as it certainly doesn't seem like a random break in? I have a mate who transports his Rise on his car's towing hitch and he drove round in circles after a ride a few weeks ago as he was convinced he was being followed by a white van.
I think they are eating all ebikes as it’s a very easy ££££’s
Of course, this only exists because people buy stolen ebikes and expensive parts without too many questions if the price is right.
the Police sadly are not in a position to assist they simply do not have the resources. It does not carry any political benefits either

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I feel for you mate. I had my Levo robbed........ie I was with the bike at the time, saw the guy, had the chance to chase him but could not catch him. It still plays on my mind now, not specifically because of the value which was quite a bit lees than yours, but more because I had personalised the bike and really had a bond with it. It is difficult, but you have to do your best to move on and not let it dominate your time or thoughts.
How to protect yourself from events like this is difficult. Insurance companies find any reason they can to deny any claim or else value the lost item at a paultry value. The police are really not interested. I had evidence and a 3rd party witness that saw the toerag with my bike at a train station and even spoke to him. There was also CCTV images from the train station. I think I know where the toerag lives....travellers site...big surprise!! None of that inspired the police to investigate.
If you think it is worth it, and you have some good evidence like the CCTV your best bet may be to hire a private firm to investigate.

RichardWad

Feb 13, 2020
Earth
Was the bike chained inside the garage?

Or was it kept unchained in the garage, and (therefore) likely only protected only by a measly door lock?

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Cctv, Alarmed and locked do not fool yourselves this makes any difference if they come for your bike it’s gone

Totally agree the only thing you can do to really protect your bike is insure, I would not risk anything over a bike of course it's hassle but what can you do change the world. I would certainly not be leaving a bike in my house unless I had no other option, sorry for your bad news mate hopefully Gen 4 will be out soon for you to get.

RichardWad

Feb 13, 2020
Earth
Not your fault one bit. It is the fault of those thieves who need to either be h3aded with butter knives, or have their hands chopped.

You are absolutely correct and saying that if someone wants to do something or get something, they will. They simply will.

My question is more about what layers of difficulty/security did you create. My bike is kept indoors and even so, it is chained up with two heavy chains and one cable. I also recognized that that only buys me maybe 1 to 2 minutes against a determined thief who has the right knowledge and/or tools. It's all about adding layers of difficulty for these scumbags.

Hoping we can recover this bike, no worse for wear

Eunoterpsia

Jan 17, 2022
Spanish Springs, NV
To the OP - sorry for your loss! Brutal head job because from here on out you will be worried! Glad they didn’t enter your home - because they obviously knew you had one and cased your property and movements.

Someone replied in this thread and used the acronym GIT, what is a GIT?

William from ‘Merica

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
To the OP - sorry for your loss! Brutal head job because from here on out you will be worried! Glad they didn’t enter your home - because they obviously knew you had one and cased your property and movements.

Someone replied in this thread and used the acronym GIT, what is a GIT?

William from ‘Merica
.... a worthless person...........an English corruption of the Scottish "get" ( a child, brat) which with a Scottish accent would sound like "Git"

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
This thread made me go back through and re-read my insurance policy. If you’re in the UK you might want to have a close look at your policy, mine states that if the bikes are kept in a garage or an outbuilding they also have to be chained or locked down. If they’re kept in the house then there’s no “extra” requirements to be chained/locked down.

NZ_Levo

Aug 9, 2021
NZ
oh man........i have the same bike so can only imagine how you are feeling.

more cos the bike can only be a few months old.

on the same principle that i also would rathen chuck my bike off a cliff than see it being used by some thieving bastard, i'd be tempted to offer a 50% cash reward for a name and address.

easy to say just be zen about it but not so easy in practice i guess.

did you have to the motor locked ? i agree they probably didn't steal it to ride, but it would stop the motor being on-sold?

i have to admit i usually don't lock the motor at night......but might be rethnking that now. pity the motion alarm is so crap though. the best things to have on hand are - allegedly - dual purpose garden eqpt like a pruning saw and machete.

i've been hoping for a biult-in GPS tracker since gen 1 but still waiting. all the after stuff is crap - especially SwissGPS - which is no only crap, but also a scam. surely it would have been possible to integrate a GPS chip and SIM chip onto the control board and run off the battery? but i'm peeing into the wind on that one so........

anyway.....really sorry mate that is a complete bastard :(

durask

Apr 4, 2022
Massachusetts, USA
And I hate to be "that guy" but the worst thing is that if you buy a new bike, they will just come and steal it again.

Unfortunate that in this day and age police usually do nothing.

SimonLsie

Nov 21, 2018
Cannock chase
Not sure I want a dog just to own nice stuff that’s really not how life works for me 😂😂
I will not be purchasing another bike sadly that’s the end of the road for this hobby and 2 if my friends are doing the same. The manufacturers will never help this situation as a stolen bike is a new bike sale

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles