Stilus V1 Gear Cable change

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Just changed the whole transmission on my V1 Stilus, chain, rear cassette, jockeys, chainwheel, cleaned the freewheel after 4,300 mls.
All re assembled and working but the gear change cable is splayed and frayed and should be replaced.
If anybody has completed an inner cable change any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Checked with Decathlon and they are fairly sure the outer is one continuous length which makes sliding through an inner cable a straight forward job.
Cheers chaps.

brooko

Apr 2, 2021
london
Just changed the whole transmission on my V1 Stilus, chain, rear cassette, jockeys, chainwheel, cleaned the freewheel after 4,300 mls.
All re assembled and working but the gear change cable is splayed and frayed and should be replaced.
If anybody has completed an inner cable change any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Checked with Decathlon and they are fairly sure the outer is one continuous length which makes sliding through an inner cable a straight forward job.
Cheers chaps.
Hello Ken, I would recommend always changing outer and inner during the same repair. Always a good idea not to remove both cables at the same time though. If your cable is routed then make sure you use the old cable routing to pull through the new cable. Use crimps to ensure the new cable doesn't splay. Hope that helps. Andy

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Thanks Brooko good advice.
For the benefit of any other Stilus owners the gear cable is one piece from changer to rear mech.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles