Stilus Bosch Gen4 Bash Plate

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Anyone aquainted with an aftermarket bash plate for the Stilus. The existing bottom plate is a nicely designed item which is well integrated with the bike . However after a few rock clatters it can easily be damaged and I am inclined to fabricate some additional protection probably from PE plastic about 5mm thick which would absorb some energy particularly if mounted on rubber bushes.. Done some checking online but not found anything suitable off the shelf.

Old Goat

Jul 12, 2020
Surrey
Hi
I’m also looking; I did add Duck tape and sliced cooling holes to match existing but I would like something stronger....
Cheers

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Hi
I’m also looking; I did add Duck tape and sliced cooling holes to match existing but I would like something stronger....
Cheers
Hi Old Goat, I now have the materials including, 5mm PE sheet, hex head screws for the rear bash plate fixing, and thick walled rubber tube from which to make some 10mm thick bumpers. Will keep you informed. Duct tape now you're talking, never leave home without a roll..

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Hi Old Goat, Here are a few pics of my prototype bash plate. 5mm Polyethylene spaced off the actual allow bash plate with rubber buffers and fixed with zip ties. Used zips instead of screws to eliminate the chance of screws being punched through the motor. Will fit it and modify as necessary. As you can see, I hope, there is a small 6mm gap for ventilation and drainage. Not a thing of beauty but unseen under the motor and will reassure me when clattering over lumps of rock. Happy to post anything else if it helps.

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
Hi again Old Goat, 2nd attempt.

IMG_5911.jp_.jpg

IMG_5912.jp_-1.jpg

IMG_5913.jp_-1.jpg

IMG_5914.JP_-1.jpg

Old Goat

Jul 12, 2020
Surrey
Hi Ken,

IMHO that looks really smart, I’m impressed! That has to be an improvement and give you confidence of less damage. Great effort!

jrochate

Dec 19, 2021
Portugal
This is awesome. I've been looking at a bottom protection like that, and until today nothing came up! :)

Is there already a comercial product similar to that?

BTW: how do you remove the two Allen screws that are very close to suspension triangle?
Do you use an ultra thin ratchet or remove the rear suspension?

Thanks.

Ken

May 30, 2020
Northumberland
This is awesome. I've been looking at a bottom protection like that, and until today nothing came up! :)

Is there already a comercial product similar to that?

BTW: how do you remove the two Allen screws that are very close to suspension triangle?
Do you use an ultra thin ratchet or remove the rear suspension?

Thanks.
Thanks for the comments. It is quite a while since I made the guard but I do remember a very awkward screw at the rear. Currently the bike is covered in mud but after a clean I will take a refresh look see and let you know. It certainly did not require removing the rear suspension .
I haven't seen anything else commercially.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles