Levo Gen 3 Sticking Manic Dropper?

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Hi all. I’m about 150miles into my Levo ownership. My alloy comp came with a xfusion manic dropper. I’m less than impressed as I can’t adjust the return speed, but the last 2 rides it’s been sticking in the bottom 1/3 of its travel. If I sit back down with the lever pushed it often comes back up but I’d like it to be reliable.

Am I the only one with issues?

Thanks

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
carefully clean the O ring and add a little bit of suspension grease.

If that doesnt work, free off the pinch bolt and torque it up again to the correct setting ***using a torque wrench***

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
carefully clean the O ring and add a little bit of suspension grease.

If that doesnt work, free off the pinch bolt and torque it up again to the correct setting ***using a torque wrench***
Yeah that was my next step to strip it and lube.

For grins I checked the torque on the seat post clamp last night. I was significantly under spec so that's not the issue.

Julz

Jan 20, 2022
Innerleithen
I’ve got the 2022 alloy comp and mine is starting to stick too. My seatpost clamp was a bit too loose so it wasn’t that.
I’ve cleaned the dust wiper seal and used fork juice on it but no difference. I’m thinking I’ll strip it down similar to a one up post and regrease it.

Interested in others experience with this seatpost too.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
My experience on the old bike. When driving in cold weather, the post was often left down and had to be lifted by hand. No problems in the summer. Another product made for California conditions.

Greasing, of course, helped a little.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
easy to service..
undo the round nut (easier said than done)
push post down and then up again and the washer etc should come up with the post..
then I clean with a rag, blast some silicone spray down there and pump the post up and down while cleaning until crap stops coming out
clean the inner of the rubber dust seal on the round nut, I do this with a thin sliver of plastic cut from packaging or similar, just run it through until the crap is cleared
then I used silicone grease in the recess, around the plastic split washer and inside the dust seal
reassemble..
worked really well for me

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
Mine was pants from day one and yes, i know what I'm doing although the first (factory) cable routing was wrong which made it worse. Gave up and bought a 180mm one up which has been flawless with just normal maintenance.

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
Just found my problem. Post is bent. 98.75 miles into ownership.

5762CFF4-8E93-408E-B7F3-4FBC11AB6749.jpeg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
Yeah that was my next step to strip it and lube.

For grins I checked the torque on the seat post clamp last night. I was significantly under spec so that's not the issue.

the other thing is if you have lowered the post too far in the frame (i.e. loosening the bolt and dropping the carrier) and it makes contact with the other cables at the bottom near the motor it can cause problems. Mine seems to need to be raised a cm or so from the bottom.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
On dismantling the X Fusion dropper - the collar is very tight and a struggle to remove without damage. At first even a heavy duty rubber boa wrench just slipped but I eventually freed it with careful use of a heat gun ( wrapping a wet rag around just below to keep the heat in the collar).

I have also found that any trace of mud on the post and its enough to get down below the collar and stop the full upward return of the post - the cartridge just doesn't seem to have enough pressure in it unless the post is perfectly clean.

Final suggestion - use thick silicone oil to lubricate rather than a spray can which has so much propellant that it washes lubrication out?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Final suggestion - use thick silicone oil to lubricate rather than a spray can which has so much propellant that it washes lubrication out?
yea, thats what I used (see above) silicone grease..
I havent serviced it since though so not sure if it will 'hold' the muck in there or help keep it out..
ill post up after tomorrows ride and maintainence.

ChuckK

Mar 15, 2020
Golden, CO
Mine was pants from day one and yes, i know what I'm doing although the first (factory) cable routing was wrong which made it worse. Gave up and bought a 180mm one up which has been flawless with just normal maintenance.
What size is your frame? I have a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp XL and am wondering if a 210 mm One Up will work or if I need to also go to the 180 mm.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
Mines a large frame. It's been a while but I am pretty sure there's a compatibility checker on the oneup website. 2,500 miles and over 2 years later and the post is still perfect. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles