Dropper post sticking.

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
This is pretty common with specialized dropper posts. I have fixed 4 different ones 2 of them were on levo's and just spraying a little lube on the actuator got them working fine, it may not work for you but so far success for me has been 100%. Just pull up the post out of frame and spray some lube on the mechanism on the bottom of the seat post

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Release air, undo collar and remove inner from outer tube. Clean, lube, reinstall, air up. All done without removing the tube from the frame.

Witte300

May 13, 2018
Belgium
Release air, undo collar and remove inner from outer tube. Clean, lube, reinstall, air up. All done without removing the tube from the frame.

Is it that easy?
Just got a new post from my dealer as warranty replacement because of sticking :unsure:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Is it that easy?
Just got a new post from my dealer as warranty replacement because of sticking :unsure:
Yep
I had a problem of mine clicking and dropping a bit when sat on full screen extension. The brass keys inside were smashed on the top. Turned around and problem solved. Service kits are available for around $20au apparently and brass keys come in the kits. I must get hold of one and do it properly.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles