Stay at 150mm Fork

snowbro

Jun 1, 2018
USA
I was going to put a 160mm Fox 36 Factory fork on, but after today, I am glad I didn't. Last year I had the 18 comp carbon levo, I tried doing a few triple black diamond trails with 4000+ feet of nasty steep stuff (tons of loose rocks, big rocks, overgrowth etc.). My front tire was always jumping left and right, even when leaning forward. There was one trail in particular that 3 of us experienced riders went up and had to turn back half way, it didn't seem worth it at all. Well, today I did that same trail and while it was hard, I was able to climb up it. Around 8 miles (16 total) 4300 feet climb. I am amazed at how this bike is so much better at climbing than last years. I seriously doubt that I would go any bigger on the front now, I like being able to conquer trails that no one else even attempts haha. I could also tell that the X2 I put on the back really helped, I had tons of traction vs the stock one.

Hope this helps someone that might be on the fence. If I climbed fairly easy stuff (fire roads etc.), I would go up to 170 out front, just not the case most of the time in the Rockies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles