SRAM SX Rear Derailleur Mounting Kit

asmar

Mar 7, 2020
Crete, Greece
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the SRAM GX Eagle Rear Derailleur Mounting Kit (check this link) is the same for the SRAM SX Eagle Rear Derailleur?
I need to get some spares as I had a failure recently but can't find anywhere on the Internet anything apart from the above.
From the pictures, it looks that is the same mounting kit but you never know.....
This is to go on a Cube Stereo 120 (link with component details)

Thanks a lot

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

asmar

Mar 7, 2020
Crete, Greece
Looking at the photos, it's a new derailleur you need not the mounting bolt...

I know that I need a new derailleur of course as it is completely damaged. If you see the images it broke from the mounting bolt and then smashed the derailleur.

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
I know that I need a new derailleur of course as it is completely damaged. If you see the images it broke from the mounting bolt and then smashed the derailleur.
All rear derailleur mountings are the same regardless of manufacturer.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Remove the bolt still connected to the hanger, throw it in the bin. Check hanger is straight then install new derailleur. Should be good to go

Also salvage any parts off old smashed derailleur that aren't bent. Jockey wheels etc as they may come in handy.

Alternatively throw whole drive train away and install 10 speed shimano. Sram 12 speed derailleurs are made from cheese.

asmar

Mar 7, 2020
Crete, Greece
Remove the bolt still connected to the hanger, throw it in the bin. Check hanger is straight then install new derailleur. Should be good to go

Also salvage any parts off old smashed derailleur that aren't bent. Jockey wheels etc as they may come in handy.

Alternatively throw whole drive train away and install 10 speed shimano. Sram 12 speed derailleurs are made from cheese.

Is it possible to fit a Shimano without any modification or I need to replace the whole set?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles