Can I upgrade an SRAM SX derailleur to NX without changing hub or shifter?

Riotsloth

Sep 16, 2018
Haywards Heath
Hi guys

so my Eagle SX rear derailleur is a little bent and I am considering swapping it out. Can I upgrade from an eagle SX to NX without having to change the rest of the groupset?

Sorry if it’s a bit of a bone question, but thought there’s no harm in asking as I understand the NX uses upgraded bearings etc.

thanks in advance

Robsa

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Yep you can change it to any of the other sram 12 speed derailleurs. Usually the GX is only a little more than the NX so I would buy that. The NX is pretty shit to be honest.

Riotsloth

Sep 16, 2018
Haywards Heath
So the GX will work with my 11-50T cassette? I think I’ll go for the GX and I can slowly upgrade from there as parts wear.

Many thanks!

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
The gx will work with your cassette

i have gx on my Sl and nx on my Levo ff as soon as the nx wears out it will all be replace with gx

personally the gx shifts loads nicer than nx

deserthi

Apr 6, 2021
I don't think anyone who answered this actually upgraded from an SX. I think the hub on the SX is much different than the others.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
The hub make no difference to which derailleur is used - it only affects which cassette can be fitted.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
All eagle stuff are compatible, except regarding the cassette number of teeth who are limited. SX and NX are compatible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles