SRAM motor?

protowheeler

Sep 10, 2019
England
There have been plenty of rumors circulating. And I wondered what it might look like. Anyone seen any other photos of it?

Update: Here's another article and photos

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
Display looks very similar to the Specialized mastermind tcu and apparently theres a rider on a levo using the new motor... Sram/Brose/Speciaized collab?? Would make sense for Sram as they would be getting a proven system

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I saw a side by side pic of the sram motor and brose mag s . They looked very similar. Cant find the pic now

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
I saw a side by side pic of the sram motor and brose mag s . They looked very similar. Cant find the pic now

Rob had posted on insta:

Yannick Pontal won the EWS-E Petzen Jamnica round last week for SRAM Blackbox on a Levo that I guess had the motor so it must be a Brose built motor - it will be interesting to see if SRAM are creating their own firmware or working with Specialized (makes sense that they updated the mastermind to connect to AXS so I think they are working together)

Miket775

Feb 4, 2020
Northampton, UK
Elliot Heap is racing EWS-E this weekend using the Nukeproof Proto Megawatt with the SRAM motor - maybe SRAM are going to licence or partner up with Specialized/Brose?

Also didn't see any obvious handlebar controller, so maybe integrated with AXS or all contolled via their version of mastermind TCU.

You can see bits of the "TCU" on the top tube in the vid at around 9:35 into the vid -

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
screengrab

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 10.13.07.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles