SRAM AXS pogo pins fix

Woodyboy

Dec 10, 2020
Uk
I bought a second hand SRAM AXS derailleur from eBay some months back, very quickly I noticed there was intermittent power issues. Eventually it stopped connecting and it appeared to be the little pins (pogo pins) not moving free enough.

I stripped it down and ordered 100 pins from Amazon, a friend who has the skills soldered the new pins (very tricky due to size) and it’s now working like new.

If anyone needs to do this fix please contact me and will happily post some pogo pins for the cost of a stamp.

IMG_9017.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I bought a second hand SRAM AXS derailleur from eBay some months back, very quickly I noticed there was intermittent power issues. Eventually it stopped connecting and it appeared to be the little pins (pogo pins) not moving free enough.

I stripped it down and ordered 100 pins from Amazon, a friend who has the skills soldered the new pins (very tricky due to size) and it’s now working like new.

If anyone needs to do this fix please contact me and will happily post some pogo pins for the cost of a stamp.

View attachment 132255
Mine failed in the same way, I did the same fix, but my soldering skills were not quite up to scratch, and the first attempt failed after a few rides. I've resoldered them and hopefully this fix will last.

Can you link to the pogo pins you bought?

Woodyboy

Dec 10, 2020
Uk
Hopefully this link works:

Mxfans 100x Gold-plated 6mm Copper Probes Spring Pogo Pin Connector https://amzn.eu/d/1ZtRbwI

If you need some spares just IM me, I have 98 left!

I am wondering if a bit of grease would help them, I suspect they got damp and the spring has corroded inside.

Petr Sevcik

Apr 15, 2024
Czech
Hopefully this link works:

Mxfans 100x Gold-plated 6mm Copper Probes Spring Pogo Pin Connector https://amzn.eu/d/1ZtRbwI

If you need some spares just IM me, I have 98 left!

I am wondering if a bit of grease would help them, I suspect they got damp and the spring has corroded inside.
Hi, I have the same issue on GX AXS. My derailleur is still under warranty. Though it looks more than used. Many scratches and so on. So question is if warranty would be accepted or not. Anyway it will take some weeks to get it back. So I wonder whether to repair by myself or send it back. Repair seems to be easy to me. Am used doing this kind of things. However, the pogo pins are now out of stock. Would you, be willing to send some to Czech? Would of course cover the costs.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Pogo pins? I've never heard that word before.
I've always used "spring-loaded pins."
Maybe it's a regional thing.
I can't wait to impress my friends and colleagues with my new expanded vocabulary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles