Speed and cadence with Garmin 820 on Levo

Newbie60

Aug 18, 2019
Leeds
Hi everyone. Apologies if a bit of a lazy question as suspect answers elsewhere. Going to buy a discounted Garmin 820 for a bit of gadget fun and fitness training support with my 2019 Levo, which I am loving by the way. Am I right in saying there is already speed and cadence sensors on the bike and I will be able to display both of these on the Garmin by linking to the data feed via Connect IQ somehow?

Last edited:

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
Hi everyone. Apologies if a bit of a lazy question as suspect answers elsewhere. Going to buy a discounted Garmin 820 for a bit of gadget fun and fitness training support with my 2019 Levo, which I am loving by the way. Am I right in saying there is already speed and cadence sensors on the bike and I will be able to display both of these on the Garmin by linking to the data feed via Connect IQ somehow?

Just go into add sensors on the Garmin with the Levo switched on and it will appear as a speed/cadence sensor and a power meter (rider power). You will then be able to view these on your data screens with no need for Connect iQ apps.

If you want to view assist mode and battery level, there’s a downloadable Connect iQ data field for that, the developer is on this forum and there’s multiple threads with details.

Newbie60

Aug 18, 2019
Leeds
Just go into add sensors on the Garmin with the Levo switched on and it will appear as a speed/cadence sensor and a power meter (rider power). You will then be able to view these on your data screens with no need for Connect iQ apps.

If you want to view assist mode and battery level, there’s a downloadable Connect iQ data field for that, the developer is on this forum and there’s multiple threads with details.
Fantastic, as easy as that. Thank you so much mark1a.

ajbalfe

Sep 24, 2020
Wicklow, Ireland

I have added the sensors but the cadence shows constantly at 100rpm and the calibration for the power fails each time. I have the Connect iQ app from Specialized loaded but it does not show cadence which is the key thing I'd like to monitor. Any ideas?

kungdog

Feb 27, 2019
uk
I have added the sensors but the cadence shows constantly at 100rpm and the calibration for the power fails each time. I have the Connect iQ app from Specialized loaded but it does not show cadence which is the key thing I'd like to monitor. Any ideas?

I don't have the Specialized iQ app on my 820 but can see cadence no problem, I think I may have removed it as it was causing an issue. Try removing it, then go into a data field and select cadence from the list. I use the one mentioned above (Ebike Field) to see battery level and assist mode.

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
I had issues with the Specialized app, so removed it and use the Ebike Field app by Jan Capek instead, just for the battery & mode data fields.

The power meter calibration is a red herring, there's no calibration required on a Levo, hence why it errors. You can go into Sensors, choose the Levo power and then change the setting so it doesn't prompt for calibration anymore. Not sure about the cadence, never had an issue with this.

cleoent

Aug 25, 2020
NorCal

Make sure you do not have the fake channel enabled inside of mission control.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles