Specialized WU Seatpost issue

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi
Slight problem with my Wu seatpost

When fully down, it tilts upwards, as expected.
When fully up, it levels of when i sit on it

However, due to my height, i tend to run it one or two notches off the top. But it appears to be stuck in that upward tilt position

Just in case, I have checked the pressure on the seatpost and it is 75psi

Any suggestions would be welcome!

:)

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
On mine the tilt is happening smoothly over the whole distance - i shouldn't do the full tilt on the last upward 2-3cm only. Maybe it's only due to dirt in the mechanics and needs some cleaning and grease...?

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Thanks Donnie

The bike is fully cleaned after every ride but must admit i have'nt paid particualr attention to under the seat. I'll try that.

Been out on it again tonight and the seat is tilted back (so sitting up) and it's a real problem catching my shorts all the time

Thanks again

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
But you have the seatpost fully down in your seat tube of the frame, right? So the travel of the dropper post is effectively too long for your leg length? If so, i would recommend asking your bikeshop about it, maybe they can shorten the travel of the dropper post?

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
So when fully down, it points up. Fine
And when fully up or just below full height (which is where i ride it), when i sit on it the seatpost clicks down to level. It's that which has stopped happening.
Not long in from work so will see if i can find the set screw Joey mentions

Joeyrotundo

Apr 13, 2019
Canada , Vancouver Island
It's the lowest of the three screws, here is a pic. Just make sure it's not backed out ,can cause problems with the tilt apparently.
Also, the air pressure might be too low, ships with 70psi can go up to 100 psi.
Might not be getting full extension?

Cheers

Screenshot_20190516-171026_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-170127_Word.jpg

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi
I think this is resolved.
Joey: I downloaded that doc a couple of days back, much appreciated
Greased up the area around the backlash area and gave the seat area a thorough clean
I then released the rail clamps and the seat dropped position from upright to flat a small amount
Tightened all back up, looks fine
Took it out for 5 minutes, dropping and extending the post fully, and all looks ok
Hoping it all hangs together for tonights ride

Thanks again
Jeff

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles