Specialized Turbo Connect Display (TCD) incorrect trip distance

spiru

Nov 13, 2019
Spain
Hi,
I have noticed from the first day I use my new Turbo Levo Comp 2020 that if I turn off and on the bike the trip distance in the TCD gos nuts and it adds the total ODO distance to my trip distance. So, for instance, I have ridden only 8km and now it shows 308 km because my ODO is 150km and I have turned off twice the bike.
Is this normal or did I get a bad unit that I need to replace? It doesn't do it all the time, difficult to replicate, but it has done it 3 times so far, and not the trip meter shows twice more distance than the ODO, which doesn't make any sense

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi,
I have noticed from the first day I use my new Turbo Levo Comp 2020 that if I turn off and on the bike the trip distance in the TCD gos nuts and it adds the total ODO distance to my trip distance. So, for instance, I have ridden only 8km and now it shows 308 km because my ODO is 150km and I have turned off twice the bike.
Is this normal or did I get a bad unit that I need to replace? It doesn't do it all the time, difficult to replicate, but it has done it 3 times so far, and not the trip meter shows twice more distance than the ODO, which doesn't make any sense

If you run Mission Control, what does it think the ODO (total bike distance) is ?

And if you ride with Mission Control running for a ride and look at the stats at the end of the ride, what does it think you've done compared to your TCD ??

spiru

Nov 13, 2019
Spain
The MC data is all good and the ODO is the same in both, MC and TCD. It's just the TRIP in TCD that goes wild

20 in 10

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I have had something weird happen with my trip distance a few times. Not sure what the trigger is or if there is one. It sometimes starts to run very fast, maybe at 10 x normal. I always zero it at the start of a ride, it is ok for a while and then occasionally goes weird. It may be on longer rides as I have not seen it happen on rides of short duration. I have been looking for a pattern to tell the bike shop about it. Odometer and everything else is unaffected.

RipTide

Sep 2, 2019
California
My TCD starting having the incorrect trip distance recently. I know I am good, but 112 miles and only used 50% battery, well, I’m not that good, and it was only a two hour ride. I reread the “manual” but that document is terrible. What section did you find instructions for a reset? The closet I see is the battery replacement. Each time I have to look at the TCD manual, I think I’m one step closer to getting the Garmin 530 or 830.
I did notice that the price increased to $90. (Anyone reading this, I do not recommend the TCD after using it for five months.)
I will replace the battery. But at the same time, I will look for a Garmin sale...

bjmc

Dec 17, 2019
California
My TCD starting having the incorrect trip distance recently. I know I am good, but 112 miles and only used 50% battery, well, I’m not that good, and it was only a two hour ride. I reread the “manual” but that document is terrible. What section did you find instructions for a reset? The closet I see is the battery replacement. Each time I have to look at the TCD manual, I think I’m one step closer to getting the Garmin 530 or 830.
I did notice that the price increased to $90. (Anyone reading this, I do not recommend the TCD after using it for five months.)
I will replace the battery. But at the same time, I will look for a Garmin sale...

I had the same problem with the mileage, and this worked for me. Take out the battery and "reboot".
Then start from the beginning in the manual - download here:
Specialized Turbo Connect Display (TCD) | Specialized.com
Go to #4 in the manual - Default page setting/navigation.
When powered on, the TCD will display Page 1. Use left and right buttons to navigate.
Good luck!

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
My TCD has been goofy out of the box (new on 12/2020) . I recently updated it (new process as of 12/15/2020) and that seemingly added to my issue. Both the speedo and the odometer are grossly off. Mission Control has joined the issue and now my bike has more reported miles than are actual :-(

Be well,
Mark

ZygZag

Aug 5, 2020
California
I've been having the same problem occasionally with totally wrong mileage display on my TCD. Yesterday I saw that there was an update to the TCD. I did the update and now have version 12.5.0. I hope that corrects the problem

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles