Specialized TCD display reset?

Apr 7, 2019
Kinver
I’ve just bought a specialized Levo with the TCD display. Could anyone explain how I can reset just the distance or time travelled on the display as the instructions make very little sense. So far all I’ve managed to do is reset the whole unit! Thanks in advance.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Switch on the bike, then switch on the display (but don't connect to the Mission Control app), then wait about a minute and press both buttons together for about 2 seconds. Works for me 4 times out of 5 - there's a bit of a knack to it, as the time the buttons have to be held down for is critical.

Apr 7, 2019
Kinver
Thank you. It worked.

I’ve now got an issue where the distance the computer shows is not calibrated correctly. I did a 27 mile ride and it only registered 22. Any suggestions on how to calibrate this?

I looked at the mission control app but it only seemed to have a set wheel size and no way to change it.

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Can't help you with that I'm afraid - I have the same problem, but mine is just over 10% inaccurate. I think it may have something to do with how the TCU in the bike calculates speed / distance, as both the Display and Mission Control give the same wrong distances - and when I use both at the same time the distance shown on the Display is nearly 10 times too far. Obviously there is a glitch somewhere in the system, and although these inaccurate distance readings are not really a major issue, this inaccuracy also results in the speed limiter cutting in at about 23 kph (true speed measured by 2 different non-connected devices) instead of 25 !

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
If6

If Your wheel is set to 2000 the Speedo will be way out

When I wrote that last year my wheel circumference was the standard 2300, so changing it to 2100 would have corrected the approximate 10% error in the speed and distance shown on the Display.

Last week (coincidentally) I had the circumference changed to 2000 by the Specialized dealer at the same time as they updated all the bike's firmware, and because I now have a 27.5" rear wheel, the displayed speed and distance are very close to correct - which makes sense as reducing the set circumference by 15% compensates for the 10% too fast reading on the Display plus the 5% reduction in wheel diameter.

Also with the updated firmware (and with the latest version of Mission Control), so far the Display has not randomly jumped to showing 10 times the correct distance travelled - but I haven't tried keeping Mission Control running while riding yet.

Uburoibob

Sep 2, 2019
Westchester, IL
Thank you. It worked.

I’ve now got an issue where the distance the computer shows is not calibrated correctly. I did a 27 mile ride and it only registered 22. Any suggestions on how to calibrate this?

I looked at the mission control app but it only seemed to have a set wheel size and no way to change it.
If the circumference is set at 2000, it would be off like that. The plus side is that you can go faster. On my Como, I had the opposite problem.

Archer Yates

Aug 9, 2020
Colorado, USA
Switch on the bike, then switch on the display (but don't connect to the Mission Control app), then wait about a minute and press both buttons together for about 2 seconds. Works for me 4 times out of 5 - there's a bit of a knack to it, as the time the buttons have to be held down for is critical.
Thanks for your help, I now can get it to work most times

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles