Specialized touch up

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Try a Specialized Concept store, I got mine from the very helpful guys in their Chester store.
They did say stocks were low and they wouldnt be getting any more, so it may be that they have now ran out.
Paint/Part number on the paint tube reads .. S183300064

Hope that helps and good luck.

Hi @phlodge ,

I was searching for the same cast battleship/hyper touch up paint like you did. I asked my LBS in The Netherlands to order part nr. S183300064 however they just contacted me that Specialized told them this number does not exist and any touch up paint is not available?

@Specialized Rider Care , can you maybe assist?

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi @phlodge ,

I was searching for the same cast battleship/hyper touch up paint like you did. I asked my LBS in The Netherlands to order part nr. S183300064 however they just contacted me that Specialized told them this number does not exist and any touch up paint is not available?

Decided not to wait until my local LBS received feedback from Specialized The Netherlands and ordered one at Specialized Concept Store in UK instead. Very friendly people and very helpfull on the phone.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
can your order 2 and send me one by mail :cool:

Hi Koo,

Not that I am not willing to help you but I think you can better place an order directly at the store as that's more easy.

I called the shop for you and asked about availability for other riders on this forum too. They would check and let me know by mail. As soon as I receive a reply I will update this post.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That’s why I sticker up my bikes in the key areas with an adhesive anti-chip tape, plus my bikes are usually black, there’s heaps of that shit around.
There must be almost as many black colours as there are white colours. Then add in different finishes, matt, half matt, half satin, satin, low gloss, mid gloss, high gloss, metallic, starmist, speckled.....and so forth.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Paint cannot be transported by air, because of safety regulations. It is transported by road and sea. For the volumes used by car manufacturers, this is cost effective. For bikes, not so much.

I believe that the bike manufacturers should be mandated to use car paints; then we could all buy our touch up paints from the motor factor. :love:
I have touch up mini pots for my yeti which are USA made so the can’t transport by air is not really an argument and volumes are less on yeti than Specialized.

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
Hi Koo,

Not that I am not willing to help you but I think you can better place an order directly at the store as that's more easy.

I called the shop for you and asked about availability for other riders on this forum too. They would check and let me know by mail. As soon as I receive a reply I will update this post.

Thanks man! Really appreciate!

-K

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Hi @phlodge ,

Only thing I can suggest is to try a UK Concept Store, mine came from their Chester Store. The UK may possibly draw from a different stockist than the one in the Netherlands, that said they did indicate stock was low. Beyond that I cant really suggest anything else beyond whats been said on the above posts to date.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Only thing I can suggest is to try a UK Concept Store, mine came from their Chester Store. The UK may possibly draw from a different stockist than the one in the Netherlands, that said they did indicate stock was low. Beyond that I cant really suggest anything else beyond whats been said on the above posts to date.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I have been in contact with them today and asked about availability. They expect to come back to me tomorrow. I will post a reply on this thread afterwards.

Dlangers

Jul 7, 2019
Hertfordshire

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Always been a puzzle to me since I owned a Salsa bike. If you look on their website they point blank refuse upfront to give any details of the paint spec they use. American companies do have a gung ho approach to things like that but they do actually answer email enquiries even if its only to say no.
If a manufacturer using either RAL or Pantone colours all you need is the relevant number and you should be able to find it or at least order some from any supplier.

Maybe their QC on paint batch mixing is not so good. The colours from one month to the next all look the same, until you compare two bikes made six months apart. One way to prevent disappointment on the colour match would be not to give any information.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have touch up mini pots for my yeti which are USA made so the can’t transport by air is not really an argument and volumes are less on yeti than Specialized.

A few years ago, I was told by a Kona dealer that they could not get any touch up paint because complying with the safety regs made the paint too expensive to import by air. OK it's anecdotal, but I believed him.
The fact you have paint for your Yeti does not imply it came by air, just that Yeti care more for their customers than Kona and sent some paint by sea from USA.
I don't understand why they don't get it made up in the UK. My local hole-in-the-wall body repair workshop can make up paint for any car in the world, all they need is the relevant data.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi all,

A short update, after waiting for 1,5 week again without any answer I decided to call Berkshire Cycles in the UK. Unbelievable friendly people! They immediately called Specialized to verify availability. Called me back on my dutch cell phone number within a few minutes and told me that, although, availability is very limited they managed to get one.

I could pay by credit card on the phone after which they will ship it. Really happy and trust it will work out now!

As other riders were interested too on the forum I would suggest give Berkshire a call on +44 1344 774520.

Koo

Nov 11, 2018
Finland
Hi all,

A short update, after waiting for 1,5 week again without any answer I decided to call Berkshire Cycles in the UK. Unbelievable friendly people! They immediately called Specialized to verify availability. Called me back on my dutch cell phone number within a few minutes and told me that, although, availability is very limited they managed to get one.

I could pay by credit card on the phone after which they will ship it. Really happy and trust it will work out now!

As other riders were interested too on the forum I would suggest give Berkshire a call on +44 1344 774520.

I did call and managed to order one to Finland. What a great company!

For the note its frustrating to call to English speaking countries and try to explain your full name, address, email etc. You need to spell every character to get it correctly... hopefully :D
example. Mikko Näkkäläjärvi (not my real name tho)

sent them an email after the call so they get the address perfectly right. Credit card info was given in phone.

-K

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles