Other Specialized UK Touch-up paint

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
in an effort to get the 'overly grey' Storm Grey to match my bike, I bought some RAL5024 Pastel Blue (which is overly blue) and mixed the two to get a closer match. But the thought "why am I doing this? Life's too short!" did cross my mind ?

AWB

Jul 9, 2020
Germany
Good spot GDAS. ?

Just ordered some Taupe for my comp. Hadn’t had any luck finding anything until now. Thank you.

Just be aware it’ll cost £6.45 to send a 50ml pot of paint that costs £6.65 (I’m tight), and they don’t do PayPal.
For anyone out there, its RAL 7006.

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I don't understand why Specialized can't get us legitimate touch paint from their contractors in Taiwan. My 2021 bike is a satin/matte color called redwood. I've been led to believe that Porche lavaorange is very close. And they do make various inexpensive matte pens since I'm betting the Porche touch up is very glossy. Maybe a nail polish would work too but how many would you have to buy before you find a good match? Come on Specialized, some help here (I did send them a message like so many others probably). Ibis and Yeti both provide touch up paint for their bikes, why not specialized? If they made the color codes all available I'd get my own made and may try some of the local automotive paint suppliers. Maybe I should start a business, lol?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Here is one suggested to me for the redwood matte finish on my 2021 expert carbon SL.

Thank you for contacting TouchUpDirect.

Upon checking, Porsche Lava Orange paint is not a matte finish that might not work with your bike.

Unfortunately, the paint we have is only for motorcycle and vehicle. Just in case, I can recommend this color Matte Blazing Orange for Triumph that is a matte finish which is a closest color to your bike, please click the link below:

Triumph Matte Blazing Orange TRI030 Touch Up Paint

Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
I found this for rocket red,

translation

Specialized color "rocket red"

Paint for touching up all Specialized bikes in the color "rocket red"

...made for my Turbo Levo FSR Comp Carbon Jg. 2019.

I had the color put together by a car painter, it comes from a well-known Swiss company that specializes in fluorescent paints. I don't want to give any further details here, I'm sure you understand... 😉

(note the pictures)

2-component fluorescent paint can of approx. 25 g (now without hardener)

Experience has shown that this reacts with the plastic bottle and begins to harden as soon as I fill it.
I.e. when it arrives at the recipient it is already more than viscous...

But that's not a problem in practice, the adhesion is absolutely problem-free, I didn't add the hardener myself.
But 2 more layers of clear coat "over it" and it's good...

Also sufficient for larger or several "actions" For best results, pre-paint with white beforehand!

White color is not included in the scope of delivery, but shouldn't be a problem when purchasing it... 😊

Delivery abroad is possible, but must be agreed in advance.

Every customer will receive detailed instructions from me by email free of charge on how to repair paint damage with optimal results.

McDecoy

Dec 7, 2022
Netherlands
I don't understand why Specialized can't get us legitimate touch paint from their contractors in Taiwan. My 2021 bike is a satin/matte color called redwood. I've been led to believe that Porche lavaorange is very close. And they do make various inexpensive matte pens since I'm betting the Porche touch up is very glossy. Maybe a nail polish would work too but how many would you have to buy before you find a good match? Come on Specialized, some help here (I did send them a message like so many others probably). Ibis and Yeti both provide touch up paint for their bikes, why not specialized? If they made the color codes all available I'd get my own made and may try some of the local automotive paint suppliers. Maybe I should start a business, lol?
The reason Specialized can't supply the original paint is because this paint doesn't comply with US / European environmental regulations. So they would have to redevelop the colours in a paint that is available here, which is a lot of work for them.

There is another company that does sell Specialized touch-up paints, including Rocket Red: Rotaris paint

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles