Other Specialized suspension patent for new ebike (?)

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Saw this on another forum

Tl;dr
Hopefully those means a turbo enduro and/or enduro SL
B471257A-3726-4A45-A6BE-145565E6679A.png

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
They are actually calling it a “demo” e-bike. Maybe Specialized thinks there is more room at the top past the Kenevo. Maybe they will have an extension of this for the e-enduro. Who knows?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Isn't the Demo one of the places you can't (legitimately) ride any e-bike?

The Demo is their DH bike (doing well on the UCI circuit). If you are referencing Soquel Demo forest, which is near their US HQ, then I think you are right. They are pretty anti- bike at that place, though many still risk it I believe.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
The Demo is their DH bike (doing well on the UCI circuit). If you are referencing Soquel Demo forest, which is near their US HQ, then I think you are right. They are pretty anti- bike at that place, though many still risk it I believe.

Speshy’s Demo is of course named after the Soquel Demonstration Forest. It is open to bikes, but not e-bikes. I’ve ridden (before e-bikes were a thing) various trails in the Demo. Yes, people poach the Demo on e- bikes and 1) risk getting ticketed and 2) jeopardizes legitimate bike access.

I am noting the irony of possibly naming any e-bike after a place they aren’t legitimately allowed in, and can be pointed-at by enemies of all MTB access as evidence of the flippant, scofflaw nature of MTBers and the industry.

Yes, there should be an e-bike version of the Demo, but it better be called something else.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Speshy’s Demo is of course named after the Soquel Demonstration Forest. It is open to bikes, but not e-bikes. I’ve ridden (before e-bikes were a thing) various trails in the Demo. Yes, people poach the Demo on e- bikes and 1) risk getting ticketed and 2) jeopardizes legitimate bike access.

I am noting the irony of possibly naming any e-bike after a place they aren’t legitimately allowed in, and can be pointed-at by enemies of all MTB access as evidence of the flippant, scofflaw nature of MTBers and the industry.

Yes, there should be an e-bike version of the Demo, but it better be called something else.
Ah gotcha. Yeah, I meant that e-bikes aren’t allowed at Demo forest (darn autocorrect). FWIW - that was just a patent read-out, no actual clue if Spesh will call it a Demo. Probably not given their history of using different names on their e-bikes

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I recon it's the gen3 kenevo due next year, although how they could improve on perfection I don't know. Whatever the motor is as long as it's as powerful as the current brose rather than a weak sl type motor.
Must not buy a new bike. Must not buy a new bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles