Specialized release 2019 Kenevo Comp £4250

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
In this EMBN video, Steve interviewed the guy from Brose about the release of the "Brose S Mag" motor and he clearly said "start of production is october 2019". But then he said, first bikes having that motor will come out end of this year / beginning of next year. This is IMPOSSIBLE, AAARGH! So which of those two sentences is the right one now? Clearly a miss-spelling, or is it me, missunderstanding?

The motors are already in Brose demo bikes and are produced. I think he meant that they will be around from October 2018.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
The motors are already in Brose demo bikes and are produced. I think he meant that they will be around from October 2018.

Yes, that definitely makes the most sense. Releasing the motor yet makes no sense if the production starts one year later - e-bike tech is improving fast, so in one year they probably have the next gen motor and new software...

Just unsure what october 2018 means for specialized. Does specialized really release a new bike at the end of a season? My guess is we'll have to wait till spring...

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Just unsure what october 2018 means for specialized. Does specialized really release a new bike at the end of a season? My guess is we'll have to wait till spring...

Wasn’t the Kenevo released in September 2017? Maybe that’s how they are launching new models now

Jan 29, 2018
Nottingham
In this EMBN video, Steve interviewed the guy from Brose about the release of the "Brose S Mag" motor and he clearly said "start of production is october 2019". But then he said, first bikes having that motor will come out end of this year / beginning of next year. This is IMPOSSIBLE, AAARGH! So which of those two sentences is the right one now? Clearly a miss-spelling, or is it me, missunderstanding?

I hear that as the motors will be released to brands in October, and by the time they've made their way to the production line of the brands and have been fitted - we're looking at the end of the year.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I very much doubt a truly new Kenveo will be forthcoming for another year, whereas a quite different Levo could be in the pipeline sooner

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I thought a date of September had been mooted for the new Levo?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Wouldn't surprise me if Specialized where doing a Haibike and pull something unexpected out the bag - Rob your bang out of order putting thoughts like that out there!

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
Would love to see a side by side comparison of the 1.3 and the 1.2e motors. I’ve searched the wonders of the web and nothing as yet.

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Last year Spesh announced the carbon Levo mid July, the fact that they already released the 2019 Kenevo expert with the 1.3 motor makes my doubt that the levo will get anything different.
I have been waiting for more than a month to pull the trigger because I want to know if anything new is coming on the Levo and do not want to have buyers remorse if I get a 2018 or maybe I just should go ahead and get a Commencal (which already announced the 2019 range)

Jul 21, 2018
Scotland
I am looking the 'new' Kenevo Comp seriously - only concern is the comments folk have made about the 1.2 motor issues. Is there any indication that it has been revised to improve it?
Even if there were issues surely it is a straightforward warranty situation given that it seems to be a known thing?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
What is your thought process there Al?
I really dislike Öhlins suspension. The QC is inconsistent. The air shocks on my Stumpjumper and Enduro have had air leaks, oil leaks and I have already had one blow up on a moderate trail. Tuning is inconsistent even on identical shocks on identical bikes with identical air pressure! You can’t change the travel on the air forks without replacing almost all of the internals which is within $100 of what a brand new fork costs. Anyone interested in an almost brand new 140mm travel fork?

The springs available for the Kenevo don’t come in heavy enough spring rates for a 220lbs man who’s 6’3” and hucks his bike off every drop and jump that he rides his DH bike on.
I would rather have this set up
C89972F9-2135-48E7-8EA7-DBF0F3601276.jpeg

Because a Rock Shox Monarch can be rebuilt in any shop in an hour or less no matter where I may be in North America. The air shock is infinitely adjustable and is quite a bit lighter.
There are more spring rates available from Fox for the Kenevo comp Fox Shock and quite a few after market options as well.

So that’s the thought process ?

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
I really dislike Öhlins suspension. The QC is inconsistent. The air shocks on my Stumpjumper and Enduro have had air leaks, oil leaks and I have already had one blow up on a moderate trail. Tuning is inconsistent even on identical shocks on identical bikes with identical air pressure! You can’t change the travel on the air forks without replacing almost all of the internals which is within $100 of what a brand new fork costs. Anyone interested in an almost brand new 140mm travel fork?

The springs available for the Kenevo don’t come in heavy enough spring rates for a 220lbs man who’s 6’3” and hucks his bike off every drop and jump that he rides his DH bike on.
View attachment 3244
Because a Rock Shox Monarch can be rebuilt in any shop in an hour or less no matter where I may be in North America. The air shock is infinitely adjustable and is quite a bit lighter.
There are more spring rates available from Fox for the Kenevo comp Fox Shock and quite a few after market options as well.

Haha, thanks for the info mate, I guess I was just surprised the you'd want to go to an air shock from a spring shock, but you've explained your thought process perfectly (y).

Even the dog prefers air shocks :ROFLMAO:

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia

View attachment 3244

Agree... I'd be doing the same. The Fox with a 700 pound spring!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Haha, thanks for the info mate, I guess I was just surprised the you'd want to go to an air shock from a spring shock, but you've explained your thought process perfectly (y).

Even the dog prefers air shocks :ROFLMAO:
The dog is thinking, “what’s the length and stroke of that air shock?”

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Leisure Lakes in Cheltenham have the Kenevo Comp in stock.

Reactions: Dax
Jul 21, 2018
Scotland

View attachment 3244

I'm about the same weight as you - what spring would you be going fro IF you get hold of a Fox unit off the Comp?

idogliotti

Aug 5, 2018
Chile
Finally my kenevo comp arrived!!!!!! Went for a test ride last Sunday. Incredible. Did not fill the difference of power with the 2018 levo comp!!! Up hill in 25% felt all right, 30% felt too much assistance!!! 20kmts ride , 800meters gain, 56% of battery remaining. The bike felt increidible!! Totally recommended!

U40

Oct 5, 2018
Germany
Is the expert the extramoney worth? Did anybody compared the driving experiance between comp and expert? I will order a kenevo next week:love: But i dont know whitch:eek:

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yes. Much better suspension, bigger battery. I dont think the comp is cheap enough to justify the spec drop. Ideally find a 2018 expert on sale for comp money :)

Reactions: U40

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles