Specialized release 2019 Kenevo Comp £4250

Hinett

Mar 24, 2018
Derbyshire
Just picked up my 2018 Levo Comp from concept store Nottingham when they were pushing boxes in of 2019 levo HT they wouldn’t give anything away about them though

Finch9981

Jun 2, 2018
Tyne and wear
FB_IMG_1530544317018.jpg

Finch9981

Jun 2, 2018
Tyne and wear
Sorry, but I have to disagree ?
We have both Merida Eone Sixty 800 and Turbo Levo FSR.
In my opinion It is true what all Emtb tests say...Levo is a good bike but cant really compete with Merida. Both bikes are joy to ride but on any given day I’d choose Merida.
aren't they both owned by the same company?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Buying an bike just because the battery is integrated into the downtube is whack!:)

Loads of Kenevo rivals out there, its a great bike, but only one of many gravity focused e-bikes. Rotwild and Haibike both make 200mm travel full DH E-Bikes running Fox Factory 40's. Ghost and Divinci both make 180mm coil shocked rear rippers that are a lot lighter than the Kenevo (Ghost is carbon and at 20kg, 4 KG lighter than a Kenevo).

I love the Kenevo, but its just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to gravity focused e-bikes

20638242_1401784856536978_2720245759665240264_n.jpg

Rotwild-e-DH-side.jpg

ghost-titel-8118.jpg

dc-xt____jpg_2000x1160_q100.jpg

Reactions: Dax

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
To each their own - not meant to offend:)

I guess if I'm going to 'bike' on a trial I want something which is as close to a bike as possible even if it's a DH bike. If I wanted a moto to go down I guess I wouldn't choose a 'bike'. A DH bike with a battery seems somewhat redundant unless the terrain dictates a lot of peddling (why not enduro then) Just an opinion

Anywho.....Whatever bike works for an individual is just fine with me....At least someone is getting outside and enjoying life.

Great looking bikes! it will be cool when they look like a regular bike. Which is coming

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I know you didn't - The Kinevo definitely wins any beauty parade! The Rotwild is pretty interesting as it too uses the Brose motor, but their battery has bigger capacity, i think 640wh, they do a more enduro version too that is ugly as sin but probably a tasty ride. They also have quite a slick display unit

a44ca78c51bf784cc4d4dfc00ff9172e92fd0bf0.jpeg

Rotwild-electric-mountan-bike-power-selector-and-display-1-1024x641.jpg

RobbieJay

Jun 21, 2018
Scotland
So it seems the difference between the the 2019 Kenevo Expert and the 2018 Kenevo (according to the specs posted on Rutland Cycling) is absolutely 0 (zero - well except for the color).

I think that's a good move from Specialized.

My hope is that they make a similar move with the Levo.

Allowing them to mature the battery and motor firmware, advance the mission control app, extend the battery etc.

I'd like to see the range mature and be supported and refined. I think this is great news for Kenevo owners.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Very interesting that Merida owns 49% of Specialized!

As i'm on my way to my first e-mtb i'm having an eye on the Levo (and the Kenevo as well, but a bit too pricey) as well as the Merida eOne-Sixty 900E. The problem is - there are no good Merida e-MTB dealers (the ones that live the MTB scene and not just selling city bikes) in my area. But i do have a good, trusty bike-shop that has Specialized - so i guess i will go with them.

The news about the Kenevo Comp are very interesting as well, but the 1.2 motor sounds like a real bummer.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think we need to wait until someone (Rob get on it!) has a proper test ride on the Comp as we are drawing conclusions based off 2017 Levos, and I suspect Specialized will have tinkered with both the battery and motor to make the most out of it. May well be the smaller battery and 1.2 motor together give same range as bigger battery and the 1.3.

Given range is such a big factor in purchase choice for consumers on e-bikes it would be interesting to know

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Given the savings available on last years Kenevo, I wouldn’t bother buying the new comp. Motor/battery debate aside, the ohlins/lyric combo is just perfection on the Expert.

Mgbudd

Jun 18, 2018
Chichester
Given the savings available on last years Kenevo, I wouldn’t bother buying the new comp. Motor/battery debate aside, the ohlins/lyric combo is just perfection on the Expert.
Agreed got an insane deal on expert on Sunday - just not worth cutting corners, although I do understand logic from specialized

Botts101

Patreon
Jun 26, 2018
Carlsbad, California
I know you didn't - The Kinevo definitely wins any beauty parade! The Rotwild is pretty interesting as it too uses the Brose motor, but their battery has bigger capacity, i think 640wh, they do a more enduro version too that is ugly as sin but probably a tasty ride. They also have quite a slick display unit

View attachment 2625

View attachment 2626
Very interesting. Great looking bike!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Loads of Kenevo rivals out there, its a great bike, but only one of many gravity focused e-bikes. Rotwild and Haibike both make 200mm travel full DH E-Bikes running Fox Factory 40's. Ghost and Divinci both make 180mm coil shocked rear rippers that are a lot lighter than the Kenevo (Ghost is carbon and at 20kg, 4 KG lighter than a Kenevo).

I love the Kenevo, but its just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to gravity focused e-bikes

I think the kenevo is one of the better marketed gravity ebikes, I tried to keep an open mind when I was shopping, but it was really a choice between the levo and the kenevo. I should have probably tried some of the others before buying, although I am very happy with the kenevo so far.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think the thing is you cant go wrong with the Kenevo - its a sorted bike with a great dealer backup. The problem with the other bikes, except perhaps the Devinci, is that unless you are in Germany, there is probably only one dealer and no where to test ride them for most people, so its bit of a punt.

Is there another e-mtb out there that is way better than the Kenevo that was designed for the same type of riding? Maybe but if it is it will be marginal and only apparent when riden at full tilt boogie.

eFat

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2018
Switzerland
They also have quite a slick display unit
I have this one on my bike.

It's nice to have something small but in the end it's not much more than a control with just +/- buttons without display. The speed is not really useful and there is nothing else available. And the battery level is too small to be readable when you're riding.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Agree
I have this one on my bike.

It's nice to have something small but in the end it's not much more than a control with just +/- buttons without display. The speed is not really useful and there is nothing else available. And the battery level is too small to be readable when you're riding.
Agree, display is just pointless.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
In this EMBN video, Steve interviewed the guy from Brose about the release of the "Brose S Mag" motor and he clearly said "start of production is october 2019". But then he said, first bikes having that motor will come out end of this year / beginning of next year. This is IMPOSSIBLE, AAARGH! So which of those two sentences is the right one now? Clearly a miss-spelling, or is it me, missunderstanding?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles