Specialized Kenevo broken Linkage bolt

SPYNZ

Nov 25, 2018
Wanaka
Has anyone else broken the lower linkage bolt behind the motor and bottom bracket which connects to the chain stays etc.
The Kenevo seems to have a flexible rear triangle and I've now managed to break the main linkage bolt. Is this something others have done? I'm thinking a stronger bolt may be required. Also; what guards are available to keen the muck out of this area?

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I’ve broken one as have several others. You can claim under warranty and get a new bolt. If you want to buy it yourself you’ll have to buy the complete bolt kit for £50 as Specialized don’t sell them individually.

I agree it should be made of steel and be stronger. Seems a bit of a weak design.

SPYNZ

Nov 25, 2018
Wanaka
I made one out of car inner tube rubber. Cost was nothing and it took about 10 mins. I’ve put photos on Kenevo thread.

I have a cut up Marsh guard that works however Specialized do a rear Pivot Protector Kit for the Levo's but not for the Kenevo it seems.
Maybe it's an indication that they're planning to re design the Kenevo as the Levo Kit is standard on the new models and as an aftermarket for the older frames.

SPYNZ

Nov 25, 2018
Wanaka
I’ve broken one as have several others. You can claim under warranty and get a new bolt. If you want to buy it yourself you’ll have to buy the complete bolt kit for £50 as Specialized don’t sell them individually.

I agree it should be made of steel and be stronger. Seems a bit of a weak design.

I'm going to get an engineer to make a stronger steel pivot bolt however it's a little more tech then it seems with the shim around the allen bolt end and a super thin washer to prevent the bolt binding up.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
SYPNZ that’s a good idea. It’s not a straightforward swap to a standard bolt but I’m sure an engineering firm could copy it in steel. It’d take a bit of time but if you know a friendly engineer it shouldn’t cost too much. It could be something that you could produce a batch of and sell to cover your costs. Let me know if you do get them made, I’d be interested.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles