Specialized Ebike turbo levo problem

Sep 15, 2018
Monterrey México
Hello everybody:

I made a down payment for a ebike turbo levo since August, by now I had paid the entire bike. My local specialized dealer told me since my first down payment that the bike will arrive about the second week of October.

I just received a messege from them and told me that this ebike (turbo levo) in Large version comes with a problem and will have a time delay. They don’t told me how much time.

I’m pretty disappointed and understand the problem but I have to big doubts:

1.- Does anybody knows if this is true? What I heard is that there is a motor noice only int turbo levo Large versión, not on the small or medium only on the large, ironically that the version I bought from them.

2.- and if this is true, does anybody knows the time delay?

Thanks, and I am hoping someone in this forum can help me.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Well I have an 2019 XL and it has a fair bit of noise so it’s definitely not just the L.

I know that Specialized will want you to get a bike that is as good as possible so I’d hold tight for the moment, you’ll end up with a superb bike.

?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There is an issue with the Motors, but we have not (as far as i am aware) heard anything official yet from Specilized, only what various dealers on here, and other members have been told, which seems to be that all deliveries of the bikes are being halted until they sort out the issue.

Cryptwalk

Oct 3, 2018
Uk
I have a large collected this evening, no noise at all apart from the small hum, certainly nothing like the ones I’ve heard on here.

I believe it’s a small problem with noise for a small amount with the 2019 levo so they’ve put a stop on all orders until November while they check it out.

I had one ordered with Rutland cycles online but cancelled it as it went from 5 days to November from when I ordered it late September. I found one actually in shop an hour and half away so I called and asked them to check the motor. Everything was good so here it is.

The shop did seem to know about the issue after I mentioned it, I suppose they checked with Specialized. They said this one wasn’t an affected one. Maybe it’s a batch.

hgray

Sep 24, 2018
SoCal USA
I have a large collected this evening, no noise at all apart from the small hum, certainly nothing like the ones I’ve heard on here.

I believe it’s a small problem with noise for a small amount with the 2019 levo so they’ve put a stop on all orders until November while they check it out.

I had one ordered with Rutland cycles online but cancelled it as it went from 5 days to November from when I ordered it late September. I found one actually in shop an hour and half away so I called and asked them to check the motor. Everything was good so here it is.

The shop did seem to know about the issue after I mentioned it, I suppose they checked with Specialized. They said this one wasn’t an affected one. Maybe it’s a batch.
Was told that Specialized stopped deliveries and have been checking units in their warehouses, as well as ones already in shops, for serial numbers to identify which units have a defective motor and clearing them for sale to customers.

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Hi Alejandro,
I am in Guadalajara and my bike (Levo expert large) is suppossed to arrive by late October, I have not spoken with the LBS about any delays.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles