Other Specialized Canceled Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
san francisco, california
Anyone out there order a bike through the Specialized site only to have it canceled by them? If so,do you know the reason for cancelation?

Their notification email states that it could be insufficient funds, bank declined, out of stock or another reason.

i ordered a bike, had sufficient funds and payment was processed. the bank also posted the purchase. it appeared they still had the bikes in stock because i refreshed the site for 2 days and they were still taking orders. Also, i recieved a call from @Specialized Rider Care Utah Office verifying the purchase and information related to the payment. I confirmed and asked if everything was all good; even offering to provide more info. the person i spoke with stated everything is good to go and they have the bike ready to ship that same day

So now i ask what could the reason be? did i have a bike ready slated for me then somehow got bumped off for unknown reasons? The only thing i can think of is why they were questioning the name for the payment which was obviously an Asian name. So with all the Asian hate going on right now, am i being discriminated on? Or am i just overthinking it because i'm really pissed that my order was canceled after payment went through and I also verified with the recieving shop that all is good.

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
So now i ask what could the reason be? did i have a bike ready slated for me then somehow got bumped off for unknown reasons? The only thing i can think of is why they were questioning the name for the payment which was obviously an Asian name. So with all the Asian hate going on right now, am i being discriminated on? Or am i just overthinking it because i'm really pissed that my order was canceled after payment went through and I also verified with the recieving shop that all is good.

I'm pretty sure you're venting, because Specialized is in Morgan Hill. Which is in the Bay Area, CA, just south of San Jose (read: Silicon Valley). Which is about half Asian (slight exaggeration, but not that much), wealthy, and politically liberal.

There are a million other reasons why your order could have gotten cancelled. Don't assume racist motives without good evidence, especially with all the other possibilities that haven't been at all eliminated. It's a bad look that's more reflective of the accuser's perspective than anything else.

(I too am Asian, and live in the Bay Area, CA.)

Last edited:

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I'm pretty sure you're venting, because Specialized is in Morgan Hill. Which is in the Bay Area, CA, just south of San Jose (read: Silicon Valley). Which is about half Asian (slight exaggeration, but not that much), wealthy, and politically liberal.

There are a million other reasons why your order could have gotten cancelled. Don't assume racist motives without good evidence, especially with all the other possibilities that haven't been at all eliminated. It's a bad look.

(I too am Asian, and live in the Bay Area, CA.)
Yes there are a lot of us in the Bay Area, yet there is still a lot going against us out here. Whatever the reason is I want to know and i want it resolved before I retract anything i said.

I asked if that was the reason

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
I call BS
B1CC869A-E933-4640-AC7F-B09F88CCB0FD.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Stock here in Aus is pretty scarce as well man. The 3 main shops I deal with haven’t had more then one bike at a time and they have all been pre sold.
Still sux though man.
At least you got one of them.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
Stock here in Aus is pretty scarce as well man. The 3 main shops I deal with haven’t had more then one bike at a time and they have all been pre sold.
Still sux though man.
At least you got one of them.
Yes lucky to have gotten one and it will go to my brother. I don’t want to do a bait and switch to him like how specialized did to me

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Yes there are a lot of us in the Bay Area, yet there is still a lot going against us out here. Whatever the reason is I want to know and i want it resolved before I retract anything i said.

I asked if that was the reason
When it comes to money, I don't think any (big) business is racist.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
When it comes to money, I don't think any (big) business is racist.
Then they would of held on to my money and send me the next one that arrives. Which would be a reasonable solution. Not some poor excuse followed by hope and better luck next time sucker

with so many employees in the company, you’re telling me not one can be racist?

someone could of made a choice to which order would be processed. It wasn’t mine and I want to know why

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
It is what it is. So no bike, whatever.

I want to see specialized response and see if they have a solution. How is their customer service? How will they resolve the issue? Will they go out of their way? Who cares, I’m a nobody. They can explain their reasons. More importantly will they take care of any customer?

to what lengths will they go to fullfil my order? Or will they just disregard it because there a plenty of others ready to spend $15k for their product?

we shall see….

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Then they would of held on to my money and send me the next one that arrives.
But we've seen that so many times on here. XYZ said my bike has been delayed and the greedy b4stards have kept my money :)

Seen as they're a bike company, and it's their business to sell bikes - it would be kind of illogical to think they they cancel orders just for the sake of it. As with most of these things, when stock is due, they put it up to sell. So either a container fell off a ship, got lost, had the wrong sizes on the manifest and they've just found out, hasn't actually been shipped as promised. One of a million possible reasons. So whatever sizes were pulled from sale as they don't exist at the moment or just the 100 they thought they were getting is actually 50, so they most likely worked backwards from most recent orders and cancelled those.

As you've seen in the other thread, you're not the only one to have your order cancelled for the bike. The fact that you're still getting one would seem to point that they've not singled you out personally.

Other thread link :

Frustrating, but I'm not sure unfounded claims of racism on the forum based on a partial order cancellation does anyone any favours ??

Hope you get another one queue'd up soon. It can't be as hard as a decathlon Stilus - 100 pages of people frantically order and then endless cancellations - though most of those were because people weren't attractive enough and didn't fit with the brands image. o_O

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
OF COURSE they cancelled your order because you're Asian!

Oh, no, wait, it's because Specialized cannot get components sourced from Asian companies (Shimano and the likes). Perhaps, you should vent your frustrations at them. Call them racists, that should help.

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
But we've seen that so many times on here. XYZ said my bike has been delayed and the greedy b4stards have kept my money :)

Seen as they're a bike company, and it's their business to sell bikes - it would be kind of illogical to think they they cancel orders just for the sake of it. As with most of these things, when stock is due, they put it up to sell. So either a container fell off a ship, got lost, had the wrong sizes on the manifest and they've just found out, hasn't actually been shipped as promised. One of a million possible reasons. So whatever sizes were pulled from sale as they don't exist at the moment or just the 100 they thought they were getting is actually 50, so they most likely worked backwards from most recent orders and cancelled those.

As you've seen in the other thread, you're not the only one to have your order cancelled for the bike. The fact that you're still getting one would seem to point that they've not singled you out personally.

Other thread link :

Frustrating, but I'm not sure unfounded claims of racism on the forum based on a partial order cancellation does anyone any favours ??

Hope you get another one queue'd up soon. It can't be as hard as a decathlon Stilus - 100 pages of people frantically order and then endless cancellations - though most of those were because people weren't attractive enough and didn't fit with the brands image. o_O
My first order and second order were 1 week apart and had another name on payment method. Also, I placed my first order because when I contacted specialized during that time they said they will not have a restock. 1 week later they have more so I ordered another levo of the color and size I really wanted. Instead of returning my first order I offered the bike to my brother. Lucky him

but to get a call from them to verify everything and assurance that there was one for me only to get bumped out really irritates me especially when I planned a whole mtb trip near the pick up location, booked hotels and guided mtb tours. Yes it could happen to anyone. I want to know why all of a sudden my order was changed and what will they do for me. If it’s nothing then say it here

rydeezie

Jul 26, 2020
OF COURSE they cancelled your order because you're Asian!

Oh, no, wait, it's because Specialized cannot get components sourced from Asian companies (Shimano and the likes). Perhaps, you should vent your frustrations at them. Call them racists, that should help.
I knew it

well whatever to get their attention because I need answers

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Then they would of held on to my money and send me the next one that arrives. Which would be a reasonable solution. Not some poor excuse followed by hope and better luck next time sucker

with so many employees in the company, you’re telling me not one can be racist?

someone could of made a choice to which order would be processed. It wasn’t mine and I want to know why

Paranoia is a hell of a drug !
Chill ! You are sounding like a brat . Call up the person who promised you a bike , ask to speak to their boss and make it their problem .

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I knew it

well whatever to get their attention because I need answers

They gave you an answer - just because you don't like it there is no reason to pull out the racism card.
Quitye frankly, BS like that is why many tend to ignore real racism ..... sad, but true.

FACT - the supply of certain models worldwide is lacking - not just ebikes.
FACT - most manufacturers badly underestimated the volume of stock they would require. This is mostly with frame manufacture, but also with motor supply.
FACT - most manufacturers prefer to run out of stock than be left with units that they will have to discount.
FACT - due to ships being quarantined in most ports they are doing 'point to point' runs and not the usual circuit that they do. This leads to delays - sometimes rather long.
FACT - the 2021 model run is finished. The factories that make most of the frames are now geared up for the 2022 builds.
FACT - some manufacturers revised required numbers for the 2020 run and then seeing the trends decided to up their numbers. Some were advised raising the numbers was not possible due to everyone wanting more.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
All good
I just want to open up the discussion

well so far me and one other person has a canceled order. Really? That’s it?

the reason why they called was about the names on the order. They even told me that

Talk to the people who led you to believe .
Tell them how you feel . Ask them to resolve it .
Conspiracy theories about racism are pretty obtuse IMO .

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia

Nah, that's not specialized font. You've been scammed, The classic fake internet bank payment then phone to get more personal details identity theft.

Quick, rush out and cancel all your accounts , get a new passport and licence, change your name and invest in a tin foil hat.

Much more believable than a bike company being racist against asians.

Cbmojo

May 20, 2020
USA
Anyone out there order a bike through the Specialized site only to have it canceled by them? If so,do you know the reason for cancelation?

Their notification email states that it could be insufficient funds, bank declined, out of stock or another reason.

i ordered a bike, had sufficient funds and payment was processed. the bank also posted the purchase. it appeared they still had the bikes in stock because i refreshed the site for 2 days and they were still taking orders. Also, i recieved a call from @Specialized Rider Care Utah Office verifying the purchase and information related to the payment. I confirmed and asked if everything was all good; even offering to provide more info. the person i spoke with stated everything is good to go and they have the bike ready to ship that same day

Happened to me two separate times in two weeks. The second order, I even emailed them to confirm it went through and they sent me this below...only to be canceled 2 days later!

Date: May 6, 2021 at 8:58:16 AM EDT
Subject: RE: Order

thanks for reaching out and congrats on the new bike. (Gotta say, I'm a bit jealous!). Yeah looks like you got the very last one and it should ship out today or tomorrow.
We are super stoked to have you riding our bike
Thanks and happy riding!
-Nathan

Staff member
Subscriber
Jul 15, 2020
FORUM
SRC have replied to this in a duplicate post in the Gen3 thread :

This thread will be locked as otherwise we have two duplicate conversations with half the people not knowing what replies there have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles