Specalized Kenevo Expert reliability?

Shanerlb

Jan 13, 2019
Bristol
I purchased a new Spec Kenevo Expert 6 weeks ago, been out 4 times and every time something has gone wrong or a component has broken.

So far I'm on the third chain, second derailleur, second seat post and now the headset bearings have gone.

The LBS (spec concept) don't seem interested / don't have the skills regarding this type of bike which I find very strange. As when I question the spec of the components they don't have an answer.

I find this frustrating as it's 5.5k and have to pay for other expertise to fix the bike.

Is anyone else have issues of this nature?

when the bike is running, its very enjoyable...

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
This looks like a Troll post!
Third chain? You managed to break a chain 2 times, and wrecked a derailler and a seat post, all this in just 4 trips???
Questioning the specs of a component? What are you talking about???
And, even though it's warranty, you are paying a third party to fix problems? This sounds to me the problems are inflicted or the result of unintended use!

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hey dude, you need to strap your bike to the bike rack. It will stop it falling off the car and snapping chains, seat posts and derailures and shit.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Have the headset bearings gone, or have they just bedded in and need the preload tightening up?

There is definitely something wrong with the kenevo mechs, a mate is on his second as well. The first one exploded after he took it apart and put it back together wrong, then he ripped the replacement off the next time he rode. Lbs wasn't interested.

Personally my kenevo is doing ok, I've beaten the shit out of it for 8 months and the only issue is a snapped spoke.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There is definitely something wrong with the kenevo mechs, a mate is on his second as well. The first one exploded after he took it apart and put it back together wrong, then he ripped the replacement off the next time he rode. Lbs wasn't interested.
I’m not sure you can blame the LBS for his cackhandedness...

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Sorry guys thus isn’t the way to welcome a newbie who’s bought your favourite brand of bike

You could blame the owner , or poor components , which us quite likely on a spesh , however If the bike shop aren’t showing any interest and didn’t set the bike up properly that could answer the breaking chains and mech . Such a common story with some bike shops , easy to then blame the punter who Knows nothing about bikes , that’s why he used a dealer to begin with so cut him some slack eh .

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
My Kenevo Expert has treated me well for the past year. They do eat chains and cassettes much faster than a clickwerx bike. I got about 280miles of riding before I had to replace both. Usually got twice that. Biggest issue was that I found I rode in 2 or 3 gears constantly and wore those to skipping. My advice is to use a wider range to disperse wear.

I did blow a chain shifting under load. Bad idea for an ebike if it can be avoided.

The bike will be a BLAST once you sort it out. Hang in there. I haven’t looked back.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
280 miles for a chain and cassette! Lmao you need to start looking after your chain ...my chains on 750 miles and still fine

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
280 miles for a chain and cassette! Lmao you need to start looking after your chain ...my chains on 750 miles and still fine

Muddy New England trails. Bigger issue was the cogs on the cassette. Three midrange cogs all shark toothed and skipping. Spent too much time in those now trying to share the burden across more of the cassette.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles