Levo Gen 2 Sounds like my motor‘s grinding...again ?

SWORKSLOVER

Aug 20, 2020
Southern California
I’m about 300 miles into my 4th motor on my 2019 Levo SWorks... started hearing the dreaded sound of pebbles grinding in the motor during my ride this morning here in So Cal. I nursed her home, plugged her in and waited for LBS to open. Jumped back on and rode around the block a bit before heading to LBS and couldn’t reproduce the sound.
The last few motors all failed between 300-500 miles. Should I take her in or wait and see??? Hate to have her wind up and seize on me 15 miles out on the trail. Specialized has been great with the repair and all but having to send her in and be without her for a couple weeks is becoming a bit inconvenient. Has anyone gone for a full refund (Is that an option?) and switched to a more reliable bike/motor? I enjoy the SWorks but would like something a bit more DH oriented... There is a Trek shop close by? Any thoughts?
8AE77ABE-A894-4BC4-A0D1-9F0EE97DA458.jpeg

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
Just out of curiosity... (I have the same bike, 3.500 km without troubles):
What‘s your riding-style? What‘s your weight (sorry to ask...)?
Are you a „Turbo-rider“ - always 100/100?

SWORKSLOVER

Aug 20, 2020
Southern California
Just out of curiosity... (I have the same bike, 3.500 km without troubles):
What‘s your riding-style? What‘s your weight (sorry to ask...)?
Are you a „Turbo-rider“ - always 100/100?
I’m 6ft 200lbs. I ride an average of 20-30miles in 2hrs with 3-4000 ft climbing and about 5 descents. Some technical climbs, some fire road. Downhill mostly black... I turbo uphill and trail or eco on flat ??‍♂️ Small motor + steep climbs + heat + 200lbs...

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
I'm going through motors at about the same mileage as you, around 500. 4th motor is at about 315 miles now and I am getting popping noise from it if I put too much torque into the pedals (about 600watts). I am going to ride it until it gives up the ghost and hope that a later motor revision solves it, the current motor is April 2020. I have been reading other manufacture forums and see every brand motor is having some issues, with turnaround times sometimes being much longer. I am afraid it might be the grass is greener on the other side situation.

SWORKSLOVER

Aug 20, 2020
Southern California
I'm going through motors at about the same mileage as you, around 500. 4th motor is at about 315 miles now and I am getting popping noise from it if I put too much torque into the pedals (about 600watts). I am going to ride it until it gives up the ghost and hope that a later motor revision solves it, the current motor is April 2020. I have been reading other manufacture forums and see every brand motor is having some issues, with turnaround times sometimes being much longer. I am afraid it might be the grass is greener on the other side situation.
Although it is a slight inconvenience to drop her off at the shop... the customer service has been great. I can’t imagine changing my riding style. The bike is an absolute dream and I do love riding it.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Although it is a slight inconvenience to drop her off at the shop... the customer service has been great. I can’t imagine changing my riding style. The bike is an absolute dream and I do love riding it.
Don’t worry Joel, the 6th motor will be the one that makes it to the end

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles