1565828824606.png

1565829359326.png

Product name: Soma Dreamriser Bars
Price paid: $49.95 USD
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: SOMA Dream Riser Bar

Direct fit on the Speedfox
1565828824606.png

Needed a spacer for the Trance's 35mm bar clamp.
1565829359326.png

From Soma Website
"A roomy riser bar with about 25° of backsweep for a natural wrist position. Offers comfort without sacrificing hardly any control. Dream Cycle Vancouver helped us design this model. They wanted to replicate something close to bars found on MTB bikes of the early 80's. Recommended for bikepacking and touring."

I bought these for the wife's bike, but to be honest, I really like them and can handle some pretty serious terrain with them mounted. They are wide at 780mm, with a big 25 degree sweep, and tall at 50mm. If your looking for a nice priced bar, that will transform your EMTB to a more relaxed seating posture, without loosing too much off-road capability, give them a try. There is no doubt that you give up a little front end grip, but it might not be as much as you think, and the bikes are still plenty fun on the trail.

I go back and forth with them on the Trance, not able to make up my mind. On one hand, these bars reduce the front heavy feeling caused by the Trance's long rear centers. On the other hand, the Trance just doesn't seem to corner as well with swept bars.

The Speedfox doesn't seem to have this give, and take, with the Dream Risers mounted. But to be honest, I don't ride it as much as the Trance, and my wife doesn't push the front end enough to care. She likes the bars upright seating postilion much more than the flat bars that came stock on the Speedfox.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
I like that there are a lot of bar options out there these days, and I've tried a few alt bars. I've found that I don't like them for technical riding, they put me into a position on the bike that isn't optimal. I do like them for backpacking/touring types of riding where you're grinding out miles while seated most of the time. They can be more comfortable and give you more hand positions to move around with. They are like saddles, no wrong ones, just whatever works for you.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Recently, but not shown in the photo, I installed a Giant Contact Comfort + seat on the Speedfox for my wife. This bike is now the ultimate SUV cruiser, and still dam good on the trails.
When I look at the thing, I almost feel guilty for making such comfort mods on such a capable purpose built trial bike, but when I ride it... I smile like a fiend:devilish:.

It's like a beach cruiser on nitro. LOL.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles