Soccer in London?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I know, I know... Football... But everytime I Google Football in London, I get the stupid NFL schedule...

I think my son and I are going to be in London a few days around Memorial Day, 2024 (May 27), on our way to TT-2024.

Is season over? Last time my wife and I flew in, the last day of the Platinum Jubilee, we rode the train with some guys coming from a Ham match, so I was hoping we could see a match. Might be out of luck though.

Now, if we are on to cricket, or something else, we could go do that...

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
The FA cup final is on the 25th of May next year. Always tough to get tickets but if you can, it's a big day out at Wembley.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
The FA cup final is on the 25th of May next year. Always tough to get tickets but if you can, it's a big day out at Wembley.
Bummer part is we can't leave until that day at the earliest. We will have to find another sport to possibly attend. Cricket maybe?

We are on our way to the TT, but I figured a few days in London would be fun. I have not gone to the WW2 museum, and I am sure there is so much to do regardless.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Engand Vs Pakistan at The Oval on the 30th if it's London you need. That'll be way easier to get into as well.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Alternatively, for a proper authentic English football experience, you could go to a Wetherspoons pub to watch the cup final on the big screen, get pissed out of your head, start a fight, then have a kebab on the way back to the hotel

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Alternatively, if you wanted to stay on topic, this website will keep you across pretty much everything going on with MTB racing events.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Alternatively, for a proper authentic English football experience, you could go to a Wetherspoons pub to watch the cup final on the big screen, get pissed out of your head, start a fight, then have a kebab on the way back to the hotel
Is this English modern pentathlon?

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
This sounds like a proper good time! Tried to get piss drunk in Ireland, but the measures they serve were so small, I had to move on! And that guy singing sweet Caroline at every bar made you want to fight, which is probably why the measures were small...

At least in London, I can get a full pint of cask ale, and you can get a double gin & tonic. Last time, I went to Duke's & had 2 martinis, barely could walk afterwards, was a great time. Found the closest pub & got me a pie & a pint to sober up.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Engand Vs Pakistan at The Oval on the 30th if it's London you need. That'll be way easier to get into as well.
Here I am, looking for Football at the oval and I find a cricket match! This should be fun. The only tickets left are the JM Finn balcony, so we're in! 80(squiggle L thing) per ticket. How does one dress for such an event? Can I still get piss drunk?

I better brush up on the game. I had a drunk Londoner try to explain it to me in a pub once, in the end, he was like, "This bloody game makes no sense"...

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
and also... What would you recommend for my son and I to see? 2 guys, into cars, motorcycles, some history stuff. We will see the Tower, Buckingham Palace, take a gin tour or two... I would love to find a good WW2 era museum, car or bike or airplane museum, etc. I've been to the British Museum, and unless there is something up that vein I missed, probably not my son's thing. Only thing is, we will walk or take the tube. We have a little over 3 full days, before hopping a plane to IOM for the TT.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Beware the cricket, it can be a long day on the beers. Cricket is casual but might want to check with The Oval in case your seats are posh & they expect smarts, I doubt it though.

The Imperial War Museum is ok, five minute walk from Lambeth north Tube station. Otherwise if you can get to Kensington, there's a bunch of museums there., The Science, Natural history &Victoria & Albert Museum all over the road from each other & the Albert Hall just round the corner for a show.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Beware the cricket, it can be a long day on the beers. Cricket is casual but might want to check with The Oval in case your seats are posh & they expect smarts, I doubt it though.
Can ya translate this part into the president's English please? :ROFLMAO: I think I got it close...
I'm bringin at least one smart outfit, well, a collar & something other than trainers... but no jacket!

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Um, you probably won't have to wear a collar & tie at the cricket but it's worth checking the dress code for your particular seats. The big cricket venues can be fussy about such things.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Um, you probably won't have to wear a collar & tie at the cricket but it's worth checking the dress code for your particular seats. The big cricket venues can be fussy about such things.
Tie? Oh hell naw! I can't remember the last time I wore one of those... Now, if an ascot is required... I could definitively abide.

I really appreciate the suggestions guys, it is going to be an epic trip.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles