So whats the new EP801 like vs EP8 & Bosch ?

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Hearing conflicting reports on the new EP801 motors performance……has anyone ridden it back to back with the old EP8 or more Importantly against the Bosch ?
Can it now hold a candle to the Bosch ? The rattle doesn’t bother me as much as the performance, my favourite bikes are Santa Cruz and Yeti but after having had both and also owned a Bosch powered Rail i just wouldn’t go back to the old EP8 power as its not even comparable imo ….. i have obviously tried every configuration with in the app but still not a chance against the cx4

viku

Nov 25, 2021
Fi
Hearing conflicting reports on the new EP801 motors performance……has anyone ridden it back to back with the old EP8 or more Importantly against the Bosch ?
Can it now hold a candle to the Bosch ? The rattle doesn’t bother me as much as the performance, my favourite bikes are Santa Cruz and Yeti but after having had both and also owned a Bosch powered Rail i just wouldn’t go back to the old EP8 power as its not even comparable imo ….. i have obviously tried every configuration with in the app but still not a chance against the cx4
No first hand experience, but this site has a comparison graph on the power output:

Looks like EP801 matches or exceeds the CX up to 70rpm, and then starts to fade. Looks like a pretty significant change compared to the outgoing model.
auf-dem-pruefstand-uebertrumpft-der-ep801-den-ep8-deutlich-in-dieser-grafik-nicht-zu-sehen-die-volle-motorleistung-gibt-der-ep801-wie-der-vorgaenger-schon-ab-etwa-100-watt-ab-bei-bosch-muss-man-fuer-die-volle-motorleistung-180-watt-treten-

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles