So new I'm picking up my first EMTB today

CNDALEMTB

Nov 30, 2023
Oak Ridge, TN, USA
Obviously new here,
picking up a Cannondale Moterra Neo 4 after work today. Thanks for having me. Any recommendations to keep this new hobby last forever? I'm am in the Knoxville TN area. I currently am riding a Cannondale Trail SE 3 hardtail.

I am interesting in the speedbox 1.3, as i plan on riding to work (28 miles one way)
I also was thinking of getting a set of wheels, cassette, rotors to swap out when on the road

any input on the above or other things will help, thanks

Capture.PNG

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Obviously new here,
picking up a Cannondale Moterra Neo 4 after work today. Thanks for having me. Any recommendations to keep this new hobby last forever? I'm am in the Knoxville TN area. I currently am riding a Cannondale Trail SE 3 hardtail.

I am interesting in the speedbox 1.3, as i plan on riding to work (28 miles one way)
I also was thinking of getting a set of wheels, cassette, rotors to swap out when on the road

View attachment 130259
Welcome to the Forum.

A Full suspension can be a hardtail. Flick of a switch …road ready.

Regarding your question about longevity; stay away from hikers with white headbands. 😉

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Don’t understand
I have a Hardtail which is great for commuting and some trails. But the shock on my full suspension can be locked out. It can then behave like a hardtail (less energy used). Different tires for different terrain is a good idea though.

My experience with a hiker wearing a white headband was interesting 🤨.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
While de-restricting, putting some more road oriented wheels/tires and gearing on that bike will make it more efficient for your 28 mile commute it may not be the best option for that purpose? I commuted on a drop bar bike with an unrestricted big hub motor about that distance and it was a stretch. Good luck.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
With pics like that you need to start posting in “Pics Of The Day”. Soon you’ll be assigned new a tag rather than “New Member”. 👍🏻

JRhook

Jul 1, 2020
Australia
Obviously new here,

View attachment 130259
Once you start riding it. You’ll realise you don’t need a reason to keep riding. They're soo much fun!!
Can definitely vouch for the derestriction. Especially with a commute in mind.
Welcome and enjoy

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Welcome! Just take it easy out there. An e-bike can be a bit of a steep learning curve compared to a traditional bike. They sit super low too so be mindful of pedal strikes. Saying that! They are amazing and so much fun.

ENJOY!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Don’t worry about the ribbing from all the members of the “Old Fogies Club”… it’s what passes for humor among us curmudgeons!
Ride to live, live to ride dude.
Had to Google yet another word , I won't remember it so just stick to grumpy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles