Small batteries, big output.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
With the arrival of some of the new batteries now available, small powerful packs are now available to be made. 360Wh is now just a 150mm long x 70mm x 80mm high, easily small enough to put in your rucksack and yet 2 hours of quite hard riding.

Coming from an area where lifting bikes over styles ( yes we walk them along the paths on the other side of course lol ) and fallen obstacles such as trees, weight is a problem and the latest offerings complete with 750Wh batteries are just tipping the scales of Ok to lift over to now we are struggling to lift them over obstacles.

Without having to recourse to spending huge sums on the latest sub 20kg Ebike, surely two small packs, one on the bike and the other in your ruckie or as an add on mount like a water bottle, is so much better.

IMG_0074.JPG

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Component built only available if you ask a battery maker to build a pack for you. Latest Samsung 18650, less than £ 90 notes in components, why are Ebike batteries so expensive ?

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
I’d love smaller options as well. Cost aside, 95% of my rides I use about 30% of my 625wh battery. I’d rather a 300-ish wh pack and save a kg or two for these rides, regardless of the cost.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
We ride for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours and then down to the pub or back to the family and the 300 - 350Wh is just about spot on.

Any way those big ugly down tubes that's so common on the new bikes aren't great looking, looks as though they are only to hide the battery. As to all the BS about getting the battery down low to make the bike handle better, yeah if you make the batteries bigger then they can only go further up the tube and make things worse.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles