Levo SL Gen 1 SL died :-(

Johnathan

Oct 4, 2019
Skipton uk
Hi, has anyone else here had issues with their SL? Mine just died, it doesnt turn on, doesnt even light up, just nothing. Tried disconnecting the leads and drying the frame out (the switch panel isnt vey well sealed) but still nothing. It started to randomly switch itself on a few weeks ago but now it is just dead.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Switch panel? Do you mean the TCU in the top-tube?

TCUs are notoriously prone to water problems (being used in the Turbo Levo and Levo SL - there's lots of examples)

Johnathan

Oct 4, 2019
Skipton uk
TCU, that will be it, that thing with the two buttons on the top tube :LOL:. It's been dead for about three weeks now, I tried a TCU from another bike but still nothing. I'm back on the acoustic :oops:

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No power more likely related to the motor to battery cable than the TCU. Take the crank and motor cover off to check.

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
If you remove the TCU from the top tube, there is a USB port with a rubber plug that has a tendency to pop out. If it does, it's really easy for water to get into the usb port when cleaning. Might want to take loose from the tube and use a hair drier to blow warm air into the port. Worth a shot. My buddy had this issue with his full size levo and we were able to get it sorted with this method. But, he did eventually have to have the TCU replace.

SM

Amoto65

May 14, 2020
Oop North.
Or someone with a stolen bike maybe.

If i paid 5k for a bike thats dead it would be back to the dealer the same day and in for repair or refund.
Maybe they have had other things going on before you come on the site and suggest it has been stolen. Looks like you joined a couple of weeks ago where as the op has been a member since 2019. Go and play internet warrior somewhere else.

eddiemac47

Mar 4, 2020
East Coast, USA
Maybe they have had other things going on before you come on the site and suggest it has been stolen. Looks like you joined a couple of weeks ago where as the op has been a member since 2019. Go and play internet warrior somewhere else.
I was thinking the same thing. Gotta love internet keyboard cowboys.

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Or someone with a stolen bike maybe.

If i paid 5k for a bike thats dead it would be back to the dealer the same day and in for repair or refund.
A possibility, for sure. But given that he's had the bike for approaching a year now, I'm thinking there's probably another explanation.

It strikes me that someone who hides behind a made-up user name, and is so wilfully vague about his location (big place, "UK") probably has more to hide than the OP - maybe that's why you automatically assumed that he was a crim?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Screenshot_20210131-163645.png

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Hi, has anyone else here had issues with their SL? Mine just died, it doesnt turn on, doesnt even light up, just nothing. Tried disconnecting the leads and drying the frame out (the switch panel isnt vey well sealed) but still nothing. It started to randomly switch itself on a few weeks ago but now it is just dead.

build a viking longship, fill it with the SL and its loam conquests, set fire to it and send it down the river towards a waterfall, its the only fitting send off...

then, new bike day !

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Thought I'd post up something useful, it could be the harness has been pinched inside the frame. I know of two with this issue so it'll be back to the dealer for a new harness!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles