Sizing advice for Levo

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I have been following this site as well as the great videos. I am ready to take the plunge and get my first emtb, I think the Levo is what better suits my needs on the limited availability in Guadalajara Mexico (Specialized, Cube, Giant, KTM and Commencal being the only options).
I want advice as far as sizing, I am 6´1" and trying to decide between L and XL, currently use a Stumpjumper L and sometimes it feels a bit short

thanks!

Trininatx

May 25, 2018
Austin, Texas
I am 6'4" and I went with the XL and am totally comfortable. I have a dropper post and 29" wheels. If possible I would honestly try before you buy, I was on the fence for a long time about the XL until I tried it.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
I have been following this site as well as the great videos. I am ready to take the plunge and get my first emtb, I think the Levo is what better suits my needs on the limited availability in Guadalajara Mexico (Specialized, Cube, Giant, KTM and Commencal being the only options).
I want advice as far as sizing, I am 6´1" and trying to decide between L and XL, currently use a Stumpjumper L and sometimes it feels a bit short

thanks!
I am 6’1” too, I tested a L and bought a XL!
Definetly the XL is my size on the Levo, despite the L can work border line, I feel much more comfortable and in a better riding position in the XL.

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Thank you for the advice and sizing chart! Yesterday I tried an expert large in the street and it felt at the limit but perfectly usable. Unfortunately there 8s not an XL locally to try. The year end sale is about to begin but with the high demand I doubt there will any real discounts. The national distributor has one aluminum comp in XL, and experts are sold out (the one I wanted).
Could somebody be kind enough the post a picture of the area of f the seat post clamp? I am just a little bit worried that there would be enough space to insert the dropper post. I have a 32.5 inseam.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
55C619C0-145F-4564-9047-750E7E7E0CAB.jpeg
See if it helps... anyway, go to specialized webpage and you can download all spec for bike and Dropper post.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
Thank you for the advice and sizing chart! Yesterday I tried an expert large in the street and it felt at the limit but perfectly usable. Unfortunately there 8s not an XL locally to try. The year end sale is about to begin but with the high demand I doubt there will any real discounts. The national distributor has one aluminum comp in XL, and experts are sold out (the one I wanted).

Could somebody be kind enough the post a picture of the area of f the seat post clamp? I am just a little bit worried that there would be enough space to insert the dropper post. I have a 32.5 inseam.
Mine XL, like I told you, went for a quick 12km ride and feels much, much better than L, special on curve and technical (just small sample yet)
Height: 6’1”, inseam 33.9, weight 95kg

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Im 5' 11" and on a large with the post at 6.5, I guess 6' is the borderline between L & XL but also take into consideration your leg length (y) Im around 32"

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
After looking at the picture and how far inserted is the dropper post I believe that the crucial measurement is going to be the inseam, I am almost certain that the XL frame will be too tall, I will go back to the bike shop´and adjust the seat to my liking and see how much it is protruding.

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
After looking at the picture and how far inserted is the dropper post I believe that the crucial measurement is going to be the inseam, I am almost certain that the XL frame will be too tall, I will go back to the bike shop´and adjust the seat to my liking and see how much it is protruding.
just fyi, mine (on the photo) is not at the minimum position, still can go down 1cm, which the difference on our inseam... anyhow, try a Levo L and another XL and try it... just do it on the levo, as other Spez models will differ (I have a camber comp and L is perfect)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles