• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Simple stand

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Hello collective

After recommendations for a simple rear / front wheel stand. Just a cheapee, most that i have Googled don't tell you the size of wheel/tyre accommodated, just the size of opening. Have 29" 2.6 tyres so need to fit these. Enclosed a picture of roughly type I am after, if anybody uses one with said tyre size please let me know, where you got it from.

Thanks in advance

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nel

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hahaha! Funny you should ask this question. I'm tired of hanging bikes in the garage, and it's no longer practical with my shop arrangement. I've been shopping around, and most stands only accommodate 2.4" tires, and they cost more than I think they're worth. Yesterday afternoon I went out to my steel rack and found some stout material what I'll use to fabricate two stands. As soon as I'm done reading about emtb's, I'm going downstairs to cut some more pieces and start welding them together.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hello collective

After recommendations for a simple rear / front wheel stand. Just a cheapee, most that i have Googled don't tell you the size of wheel/tyre accommodated, just the size of opening. Have 29" 2.6 tyres so need to fit these. Enclosed a picture of roughly type I am after, if anybody uses one with said tyre size please let me know, where you got it from.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 64898
XLC Bike Display Stand (VS-F01) | Tredz Bikes

I am using the a bove with 2.4/29inch but there is plenty of spare width for a 2.6.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Hello collective

Thanks in advance

View attachment 64898
I tried one that looks like your photo. It works, but the top loop is flexy when I parked my Wild FS on it. The "Bikehand" stands have a very similar layout and cost a little more, but they can handle a 27+ kg FF eMTB easily and still feel solid.

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Here's the first of two stands I'm working on. It's heavy enough, sturdy enough, and has a wide enough foot that it will remain stable under any imaginable circumstances. The steel and paint were just stuff sitting around in my garage. I purchased tubing caps after my wife suggested they would give the stand a more "finished" look. The next stand will be identical, but the spacing will be increased to accommodate 2.8" tires. This stand is only good up to 2.6".

IMG_1998.jpeg

IMG_2014.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles