Show us your Decathlon STIPLUS - All your upgrades

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
this is an english forum. lets try to write english and respect the rules.
Ciao ! I'm new on the forum, I display in all it's glory and magnificence, my Decathlon Stilus. Here are my improvements:

- DT Swiss 535 fork and shock with handlebar controls.
- Mulleted with Mavic E.Deemax wheels, 29 "at the front and 27.5" at the rear.
- E-Wild Michelin tires.
- Hope disc brakes.
- Old Time Attack clipless pedals.
- My buttock matched old Selle Italia Trans Am saddle.

Next improvement planned, is to upgrade the battery to a 625 wh.

Grazie

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Ciao ! I'm new on the forum, I display in all it's glory and magnificence, my Decathlon Stilus. Here are my improvements:

- DT Swiss 535 fork and shock with handlebar controls.
- Mulleted with Mavic E.Deemax wheels, 29 "at the front and 27.5" at the rear.
- E-Wild Michelin tires.
- Hope disc brakes.
- Old Time Attack clipless pedals.
- My buttock matched old Selle Italia Trans Am saddle.

Next improvement planned, is to upgrade the battery to a 625 wh.

Grazie
One minute it's the French word for pedal, the next ANARCHY!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One minute it's the French word for pedal, the next ANARCHY!
Tell me about it .... I always get completely messed up when I try to remember the word for Pedal in English, Italian, German, Spanish, Icelandic, Dutch, Slovakian, Welsh .. Ok, yes, with Welsh, you could end up walking out of the shop with a Pedalo I guess ...

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
thanks zimmerframe. my wife is french, my children are half french, and i know how a french guy couldn't care to appear unpolite just ignoring that "ognuno di noi potrebbe parlare la sua lingua e non essere capito"

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
"ognuno di noi potrebbe parlare nella sua lingua e non essere capito"
Say what ? ;) :ROFLMAO: (y)

I guess some people are uncomfortable using their none native language, especially when the subject may involve technical words which might not translate exactly with translation engines. Hopefully he'll feel more confident as he realises a lot of the words are pretty similar.

Anyway, it's a Decathlon, so it comes in French .. :)

Davey

Feb 1, 2021
March
My ride
29er zeb ultimate
800mm bars
Schwable magic Mary 2.6
203 red discs
Comfort grip

View attachment 51794

View attachment 51795

2779D7D1-D42B-4057-BD1F-32606ACFFAAE.jpeg

darvd29

Dec 17, 2022
Poland
Anyone gone for a longer fork than 170? Any issues pushing to 190? Looking at the new Zeb…
I'm not an expert but AFAIK every 10mm of fork length subtracts around 1 degree from your head angle. At 190mm 29" you would reach a 60-61 degrees head angle, which would make the bike geometry even more slack than, e.g., downhill-focused Trek Session, which has a 62-63 head angle (depending on the manufacturing year). This is unlikely to be wanted by an average eMTB user and even if you ride mostly downhill it is still too much IMO. Also most bike frames are manufactured accounting officially for a maximum of 10 or 20mm fork length increase. 190mm 29" might just be too much for the frame and it might break from the forces, although the headtube is rather large so it might as well not. 190mm 27.5" should be fine if 170mm 29" have proven to be just fine, but I'm not sure if it is worth it to lose the benefits coming from a 29" front wheel in favour of 20mm of travel. I've just ordered the 29" 160mm Lyrik Ultimate 2023 with Charger 3 and DebonAir+ with Buttercups and I'll be testing it this season. I was looking for a 29" 170mm Zeb 2023 but I got a nice price for the Lyrik. Anyway this is purely theoretical, it would definitely be cool to see the results if someone decided to just go for it :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles