Shout out to XDuro NDuro 8.0 - Owners

Cds10

Jan 22, 2021
South Wales
Evening all, looking to buy a XDuro NDuro 8.0 (not the Allmtn) any comments on ownership, use, performance?
My only concern at the moment is the Fox36 fork... is it man enough compared to a 38 or Zeb? Thanks

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Can’t comment on the 8.0 but I have the 10 which is pretty much the same in terms of fork/weight etc.

What were you planning on doing with it if you’re worried about fork flex!!

Looking at the RideFox website, it looks as though they are e-bike specific stanchions so thicker wall.

There is/was an 8.0 on e-bay at the moment.
or should that be eebay? See what I did there?

Cds10

Jan 22, 2021
South Wales
Thanks Sidepod.
looking at a mix of bike park, single track and trail centre riding, but for such a heavy and powerful bike I had a question mark over the 36, especially as Haibike have now put 38’s on the 2021 model.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Ok, I ride two or three times a week in Woburn woods so some pretty fast steep stuff. I’ve felt no sloppy front end-ness at all. Quite the opposite in fact. It feels super planted. I have been dicking around practicing stoppies and it feels fine.

Don’t get sucked into the marketing blah. A few years back this thread would be discussing going from 34 to the latest 36.

Next year 38’s will be crap, 40’s being the fork to have.

As an aside, the Xduro/Nduro is a mighty beast. Enjoy.

Cds10

Jan 22, 2021
South Wales
Thanks Sidepod
Useful info ?. Im not one for the sales hype of new products, but coming from Whyte ebike with Rock Shox Zeb (38mm), I just didn’t want to be dissatisfied with the feel of the 36’s especially with 28kg loading them up . I’m glad to hear you’ve had no issues.

Out of interest how do you find the battery life on your typical routes? I was getting circa 45km with my Bosch in EMTB mode on a mix of rough terrain, gravel and some steep climbs? I’m not expecting the same due to the weight and 120Nm of grunt.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Ah the eternal question! Difficult to say as most of my rides are in my lunchtime so I only have an hour which means I don’t care about battery, I just go bonkers.
That said I did some big rides in the Alps snd Black Forest last summer towing 32kg of Labrador in a trailer. Only once did I go red on the battery and that was after 40k with some big climbs.
What I do find with the Nduro is I rarely use anything more than eco for climbing I just slow it right down and let the gears do the work. I find using more power only gets up the hill faster. No need really unless you’re in a rush. This deffo seems to be the most economic way of climbing. For reference I weigh in at 75kg.
My only reservation is battery weight. It’s unlikely I’ll ever carry a spare due to weight.
I think the optimal set up is a 500wh battery and a light bike, La Pierre GLP2. If only I could get one! Hope this helps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles