Shipping battery from uk

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
Hey guys, so I'm off to Italy in may for my annual shred extravaganza and want to take my ebike (reign e+) anybody any experience with shipping batteries? Not looking like many options have spent some time on Google. Any help or previous experiences would be much appreciated.

BigMark

Feb 10, 2020
I know this doesn't help you but I just shipped Two Ebikes from Newark New Jersey to Paris France in the cargo hold and was informed by La Compagnie the airline to bring the batteries in carry on, brought a Rail 625 and Rail 500 plus a Bosch 400, of course stopped when they went through Xray with my Full Face and cold weather rubber and fleece Carhartt gloves. (we had been told Paris was much more lenient than Lisbon, in fact we went through French border control with no questions, or line, just a quick stamp and Merci!)

They were concerned about lithium batteries, explained that it was the same exact batteries in my laptop they were allowing and it was for Two bikes in the cargo hold.. Apparently they have a swab machine that detects Lithium and it was "no alarm" on all Three, they then ran my bag and batteries back through the xray and said good to go. That was some big money so I was sweating it...I

Cjd

Dec 21, 2022
Runcorn, UK
Hi everyone.

I’m looking to take my eMTB with me over to Adelaide in Jan. From what I can find, taking the bike is easy but I can’t take it with the battery.

for that, commercial flights are restricted to 160wh batteries in hand luggage. So I have to ship my Bosch Powerpack 500 battery by post!

has anyone got any experience doing this? Any recommended shippers? I have confirmed FedEx will do this but they want to charge 3x more than any other shipper at £160. UPS & DHL are showing c£60 which is more reasonable but I can’t find anything out about shipping lithium batteries on their sites.

Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles