Shimano Junction Box Functionality

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
The EW-EN100 Junction Box which is standard equipment on the Rise lists "walk-assist" as an option on the Shimano website, but I can find no manuals or instructions that explain how to access this feature. Cycling through the buttons on the switch offers only off and the 3 assist modes. Is the website accurate that there is a "walk-assist" feature available to Rise owners?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
With the EN-100, you just press the bottom controller button for about 1 second then release, the en100 should show a blue light.

To then use "Walk", press and hold the bottom button. It's sometimes a bit slow or jerky to get going.

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
The walk assist as described by @Zimmerframe, using controller, works just perfectly on mine.
EN-100 serves two real purposes, show the assist mode (must have) and warn when battery is below 20% (nice to have). The function to change assist mode with it is not practical and redundant with controller.
For clean cockpit fans who do not need extra info, EN-100 is actually a very good alternative to a display.

Derek

Jun 11, 2019
Aust
The walk assist as described by @Zimmerframe, using controller, works just perfectly on mine.
EN-100 serves two real purposes, show the assist mode (must have) and warn when battery is below 20% (nice to have). The function to change assist mode with it is not practical and redundant with controller.
For clean cockpit fans who do not need extra info, EN-100 is actually a very good alternative to a display.
The EN100 serves another critical function.... it provides Bluetooth connectivity so you can get data to garmin devices, connect to the bikes components via etube etc.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles