Shimano internal charge question

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Maybe i have missed something here. but just got the new Vitus E sommet and cant see how to tell at what point the charge of the battery is. I will need to charge it to 60% at some point but there looks like there is no way to tell. I have tried to turn it on during charging but it wont let me.
Cheers.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Yep. It's a pain on the internal batteries. You'll just have to guestimate the time needed based on what charge you had before you plug it in. I have a simple two hour timer that I can set and forget if I'm looking for a part charge and I just take a stab at what I think will get me in the 40-70% range based on 1 bar charge per hour.

Gordon

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Yep. It's a pain on the internal batteries. You'll just have to guestimate the time needed based on what charge you had before you plug it in. I have a simple two hour timer that I can set and forget if I'm looking for a part charge and I just take a stab at what I think will get me in the 40-70% range based on 1 bar charge per hour.

Gordon
Thanks for that, I thought I was missing something .it did say a full charge on the ep8 was 7.5 hours though, so I will try to work it out from there.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Thanks for that, I thought I was missing something .it did say a full charge on the ep8 was 7.5 hours though, so I will try to work it out from there.

The last 10-20% of charge will be at a MUCH slower rate than the first 80%. I think it's 3.5 to 80% and 5.5 to 100 (I'm not near my manual so that's a guess). Go off the 0-80% charge times not the overall time.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles