Focus internal battery

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
About one year ago, Focus replaced my internal battery under warranty. (As an aside, everybody except Focus believed that they should have just changed the charger, but there you go).
The dealer said, "why would they replace a £600 battery when they could have replaced the charger at a tenth the price.....?"

Until you get a better view from someone who has had to pay for one, that's the best I can do.

The TEC pack has the same 378Whr and they are about £450, so why the frame battery should be one third more expensive I have no idea.

But then you could be talking about the larger batteries used on the 2020 bikes; I have nothing to contribute on that topic.

Jollyjoiner

Oct 14, 2018
Chesterfield
Yeah I've seen your thread with that in it a while ago. Like you say Unless someone else comes on saying they have bought one we will go on that for the time being. Yes my Tec pack was that price 2 years ago and did think the internal batteries would have been a similar price.

Jollyjoiner

Oct 14, 2018
Chesterfield
About one year ago, Focus replaced my internal battery under warranty. (As an aside, everybody except Focus believed that they should have just changed the charger, but there you go).
The dealer said, "why would they replace a £600 battery when they could have replaced the charger at a tenth the price.....?"

Until you get a better view from someone who has had to pay for one, that's the best I can do.

The TEC pack has the same 378Whr and they are about £450, so why the frame battery should be one third more expensive I have no idea.

But then you could be talking about the larger batteries used on the 2020 bikes; I have nothing to contribute on that topic.

I wounder if the larger batteries would fit in 2018 Jam2 ltd .......mmmmmmm

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Yeah I've seen your thread with that in it a while ago. Like you say Unless someone else comes on saying they have bought one we will go on that for the time being. Yes my Tec pack was that price 2 years ago and did think the internal batteries would have been a similar price.

After all, the TEC pack comes with an outer protective case, the various add on bits and a shiny padded presentation suitcase to hold it all. The frame battery has none of that!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles