Shimano E6000 defective charger

Puiu

Jul 7, 2021
Romania
Hello everybody,
I hope is the right place to post this.
I have two Shimano E6000 chargers which don't charge E8010 or E8014 batteries.
I have a third E6000 charger which does the job.
Also, I have several E8010 / E8014 batteries - 3x E8010 and 1x E8014.
The batteries behaves the same, the do charge with that third charger and won't charge with the first 2 chargers, so the problem is pretty clear in the first 2 chargers.
The error - battery start charging for 1-2 seconds, then first battery LED is flashing, the second is steady and the rest of them are off.
This is indicated in the manual as "charging error" and no other details written.
I find it even funny, that they describe what to do - "Remove the charger from the battery and press the power button, if an error appears contact an agency" - but what if the error does not appear...?
:shock:

Does anybody encounter this problem ?
Any solution ?
I'm thinking to disassembly the charger and read all signals, using an oscilloscope, while initiating and performing charging, with the good charger and then with the two defective ones, comparing afterwards the results.
Any hints or ideas?
Thanks

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I doubt I can help, but this was my charger error (In fact many across the world has the same error).

When the battery was in a low state of charge and the charger was below 10degC, the battery would not charge. It came on with a red light then a green flashing light (as it is supposed to do) then went to steady red after a few seconds. This was a 4.5Amp charger. Some 4.5A chargers did this, implying a batch fault, but no 4A chargers did it.

All manner of fixes were attempted by me and others (some were even electricians), without effect.

You are not somewhere cold are you?

Puiu

Jul 7, 2021
Romania
You are not somewhere cold are you?
No, in fact is about 25-30 C degrees right now here, these days. nevertheless, there is no red light coming first.
It might be another issue.
Anyway, when I progress, I will post here.
Thanks and BR,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles