Shimano Di2 question

LawmanMtb

Aug 15, 2018
Wigan
Has anyone else with Di2 had their gears jump up and down the cassette even though you haven't touched the thumbshifter? not just one gear but 4 or 5 in one go!
thanks

LawmanMtb

Aug 15, 2018
Wigan
yep, but the little grey lever is quite baggy, the mech is solid as it should be when the clutch is on, its very confusing :unsure:

LawmanMtb

Aug 15, 2018
Wigan
doubtful, i hardly ever get the bike wet, i tend to clean it with a soft brush and wipe over with huggies wipes, bike kept in the house too

Shorty4

Nov 7, 2022
Australia
I had something similar when the end of the little spring in the shifter snapped off, it would do the weirdest gear changes and then be fine for a while or the next bump and then it would play up again. I carefully disassembled the shifter and bent the remaining end of the spring to form a hook and refitted it. Getting a replacement spring from Shimano was impossible so dug around on the net and found a packet of 10 springs from China the right size on ebay and bought a packet of them. The temporarily bent spring is still going strong a few years later so the bag of little springs is still in my spares box.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I had something similar when the end of the little spring in the shifter snapped off, it would do the weirdest gear changes and then be fine for a while or the next bump and then it would play up again. I carefully disassembled the shifter and bent the remaining end of the spring to form a hook and refitted it. Getting a replacement spring from Shimano was impossible so dug around on the net and found a packet of 10 springs from China the right size on ebay and bought a packet of them. The temporarily bent spring is still going strong a few years later so the bag of little springs is still in my spares box.
Do you have the link to the site where you found these springs, please?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles