Shimano BT-E8010 battery

DarthV

Jun 23, 2022
California
First a bit of a rant.. why is the stuff impossible to find! I needed a new battery so it’s six months out new if your lucky or $800 to ship international(eBay), I tried eBay there is only two in the US and one doesn’t ship and parts LOL don’t even bother in this universe. The piece that would fix the problem doesn’t exist out side getting a new battery.

My current issues: previously I had the BT-E8010 and one day it stopped charging, no error code on bike computer just on the battery it would flash lights 1 and 5 when attempting to charge, besides that the battery works fine just the recharging part.

I got a used battery off of eBay, it works fine but when I went to charge it same thing! error code on the battery, is it possible I got two bunk batteries or could the charger be the culprit? It will start to charge and then a minute later flash lights 1 and 5. I tested all the cells and they work and checked the wires in the battery and charger and all seam fine. Sucks to have a four grand in paper weight in the garage. If anybody has any ideas on how to charge it or bypass or whatever I don’t even care how going to look as long as it will charge, and when the time comes I will buy a new one but that is in the future and depends on their availability

DarthV

Jun 23, 2022
California
sounds like it is the charger they can go bad cant you take the batts to a dealers and try there charger just to make sure?

it is the same here in the uk they wont post the bloody things just made a 2 hr trip to get a bosch 500w frame batt as pick up only but must have had the last one in the country as out of stock and no way to order one and 18 month waiting list.🤯
Unfortunately the first battery I took to a bike shop and they said it was dead, not sure what tests they did I told them to recycle it. That was before I Knew about rebuilding and reconditioning that battery is long gone, live and learn. I heard there is a company local that does just that and goes to the local bike shops that’s my next option. I ordered a charger but it’ll be another month

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles